Saturday, September 23, 2006

Thinking Time....


Where do the years go? At times it feels as though time is creeping by and then other times just flying. One minute you’re in High School wondering what you are going to be when you grow up, and the next moment you’re married with twin boys.

What happens to all the time wasted? We should be able to get that time back somehow. Like getting change back at the store.

What if life was on a timer? Would you live it more recklessly or would you stress keeping track of how long the timer has till it goes…”DING”.

And what if we could go back? Change what we have done now that we know better. Be able to say what we should of said. You know all those comebacks we always think of after the fact. For if we could go back and do that we could put it to rest in our minds. Or would we? After you go back will there always be something you wish you would’ve said or done…a never-ending circle?

Time is funny, it never stops it never wavers, it never doubts. So then why do we? It’s like life, you can’t stop it or change it’s direction so your best bet is to hold on tight, cause for most it’s one hell of a ride. And a little secret I’ve learned? Time and Life are the best of friends in fact some would say one in the same.

11 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

I spend way too much time thinking about aging and how precious days are slipping away. Meanwhile, I should be using those days instead of thinking about them.

But, there always seems to be something more pressing than doing what we would like to be doing. Fear is our greatest enemy sometimes. If we would stop worrying about the bad consequences and think about the good, we may be much happier.

11:54 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

Deep thinking makes my head hurt! :)

I'd like to think I would be living the exact same way if I knew I had little time left.

5:43 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

If we could go back - think how messy things would get.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

PYRHONIK: I've tried grabbing the wheel it it never goes they way I try to stear it!!

Anthony: Fear of what could happen and fear of what others would think.

SJ: Very true my friend.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's true, time flies by and life is way to short. we all need to live as if tomorrow is our last day, love like we've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching, laugh often and criticize less, embrace all your life experiences and the people that helped make them (and realize that you helped make others' as well, no matter how small of a part you played)... and like you said, hold on... it's one hell of a ride.

love you and miss you lots. thank you for being part of my life and all the wonderful memories and for helping to shape me into the woman i am today.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

It's a good post and great topic.

I think about this subject often since my HS years were so hard. I was unpopular,overweight and VERY unhappy. I've always thought that if I could have a "do-over" I would have participated in soccer or track...I would of worked on getting into shape so things could of been easier/happier. Then again...going thru all that stress/heartache and pain carved me into the person I am today...yes, overly sensitive, but strong and tolerant. I had to work hard to get where I am today and that makes me more appreciative.

Plus..who is to say that being thinner/popular would of made me truthfully happy?...would that of solved my issues? Probably not...

Time has gone by so fast and shows no signs of slowing down. There are always regrets and shoulda/woulda/coulda's...but most things I would keep the same.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

The biggest mistake of my life gave me the 3 best things in all the universe so I would never want to change a thing.

7:28 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Could'ves, would'ves, should'ves. Can't relive the past. And if we have learned from it, then nothing was wasted.

Life starts ... Ready, Set, NOW!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

If you gave me a pound for the moments I missed

And I got dancing lessons for all the lips I should have kissed

I'd be a millionaire

I'd be a Fred Astaire

1:19 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

But then You wouldn't be YOU.... I think you just answered my question!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

For a long time, I wished with all my heart I could go back and NOT get married and NOT chosen to go to school for 8 years. So much heartbreak and struggle that amounted to nothing. But as my wonderful current partner reminds me, without those choices I wouldn't have met him. And I wouldn't trade him for anything. It was hard and unpleasant, but it made me who I am and brought me where I am. And that place is pretty damn good.

But have you noticed how time speeds up the older you are? I can't believe it's almost October already. Where is this year going!?

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home