Saturday, September 16, 2006

Where'd She Go....



When Chad and I started dating I was deep in my Marilyn Monroe obsession. I collected everything, [which came to be helpful this winter when I sold it all on ebay!! Helped us through some tight times.] Any ways, I was into the whole LOOK. I had my hair cut like hers and blonde like hers… Hey we’re all into some thing!

Going through my stuff today getting ready for the move I ran across some more of my stuff. Some books I had about her, I’ve listed them on Amazon cause turns out one is worth like 75.00, damn that collection is still helping me out.

I’m still in awe of her beauty to this day. She to me embodies the word “feminine”, to me that’s the body of a woman. Soft curvy and beautiful face, she’s still breathtaking.

Funny who or what we get interested in. Looking through all my things today, it was like looking through some one else’s keepsakes. It’s only been four years, what happened to that girl?

8 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

She'll still be in there - just too busy with twin boys and a husband now :)

I watched The Seven Year Itch for the first time a few weeks ago. It was hilarious. Surprised me :)

7:10 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

Marilyn Monroe...a vision of perfection, in my opinion.
Too bad society has changed its mind on what a woman should look like.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go through those kinds of things. Maybe it's a good thing that I have a short attention span, because they're not always the kind of things I'd like to keep up.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ... BTW ... you must have some pics of you as a blonde. Do post.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Marilyn M...what a beautiful lost soul. She changed herself to become what she always wanted and then her dream turned on her...such a shame. Whenever i head "Candle in the Wind " I get sad:(..

Did you like James Dean too?

9:24 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Have you ever checked out Nocturnal Tendencies blog? Find the link on my blog if you haven't.

He's obsessed with her....

http://www.nocturnaltendencies.com/2006/08/marilyn-monroe.aspx

paste that link and you'll see...

10:24 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

SJ: Yes thats a good one...have you seen "Some like it Hot" yet? It's sooo funny you;d like it!

glo-girl: yes yes it is...

Anthony: I do...somewhere...but their actual photos, I need a scanner!!

Trojan: Beautifully put! No I didn't get in to him.

Kimmy: WOW I may have to start reading in on him!!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

I think it's a good thing to have someone you identify and look up to in some way. I feel the same way about Katherine Hepburn. I want to be just like her...smart, graceful and confident in myself.

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home