Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Big Broken Toe Debacle.....


Well we are back from the othopedic's office..... I should of known that when they called us back and put us in a big room with beds, instead of a single room, and the door was labeled "cast room", that it probably wasn't a good sign!!! My poor little dude has a cast on he's leg!!!! He didn't even make it to two without a broken bone and a cast!!! This does not bode well for the rest of he's childhood!! (sigh) aaa boys......... However I must say he looks pretty damn cute with he's green cast!! And he was such a big boy getting it on!! We go back in three weeks and they're take more x-rays and determine if he has to wear it a little longer yet or if that was long enough.... Which means the poor little guy will have it on for he's birthday party!!! So much for the pool I got them for their present.... We'll have to decorate a trash bag to put over he's cast so he can still go swimming!!!

So that's the rest of the story on "The Big Broken Toe Debacle".......So now you know.............

7 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

Bless his heart!

Make sure you guys sign it and save it ! We still have Adam's. OMG did it stink though!!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Yeah I'm not looking forward to the smell!! But ya gotta keep it... Show him how little he's legs use to be!!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Oh poor babysito..:(

What a horrible ordeal hon...but your a tough cookie and so is he. I'm so drinking a glass of wine for you this weekend!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Thanks girl!! I may need to have myself a cosmo as well.... Oye this week!!

9:35 PM  
Blogger BRAE said...

Awww! He is a doll. What a cutie. If he has almost made it to two and has only broken his toe you are doing a great job. My son has not broken anything, but I am concerned about all the times he was dropped on his head. Guess only time will tell on that. It took my daughter till she was 8 to break something and when she did she went all out......her skull! But it was not that bad. Kids heal.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Brea: Her skull? Poor thing what did she do? I'm worried about he's twin brother Levi's head!! WHen he gets mad he flings back and bangs it into walls dressers anything... and hard!!! Like you said time will tell!!!

10:04 AM  
Blogger BRAE said...

She was trying to jump a ramp with her bike and fell back in a drainage ditch on the concrete. The skin didn't break, but she had a fracture on her skull behind her right ear. When my son was about a year old my daughter was carrying him and dropped him on his forehead and noise. I thought his nose was broken, it wasn't but man did he swell up. If I see a kid under the age of 7 with no bruises on there arms and legs I wonder if they ever get to go out and play.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home