Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Toe Is Broken??? What????

Ok so several weeks back I was coming out of the bathroom and all I heard was Carter screaming and I went and got him assuming Levi had upset him by taking a toy. Only when I tried to put him back down he wouldn't walk, didn't want down and I noticed the top of he's foot was swelling up..... However by the end of the night he was walking, gimping have you but still he was walking!! Over the next few weeks the swelling would come and go but the gimping was a constant.... Though he doesn't fuss when walking, pardon, Gimping..... And He'll let you touch it, just not for too long...... So today after two weeks of gimping and the fact that it swelled yet again today I called he's doctor. She had me take him right in to the hospital for an x-ray. I thought to my self this is pointless cause if anything were broken he wouldn't be able to walk at all, gimp or no. So we had it taken and by the time I got home she had already called and had left a message...... However now they were closed. But she called back after six!!!! This CANNOT be good I thought to myself as I saw the number on the caller ID! She said he broke he's big toe!!! SNAP-O!!! I was like WHAT????? HOW"S HE WALKING THEN???? She said some babies are just too busy to be bothered with it so they do what ever they have to to keep mobile...That's are Carter to a Tee!! .. Hence the cute little gimp he created. I felt like a horrible mother for not taking him in sooner!!! So now in the morning I have to call an orthopedic..... She said they might make a specialized boot for him to wear, or depending on if it already started to heal back incorrectly, they might have to rebreak it and then set it!!! OYE the mommy guilt pains!!!! Always something around here I tell ya!! So lesson to be learned in all this?? Just because your toddler can still "walk" on it doesn't mean they didn't still break anything!!!! CHECK------ Lesson learned!!!! I'll keep ya posted on the "Big Broken Toe Debacle."

10 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Yikes...talk about one thing after another....

Well, maybe your just getting it all out of the way now and it will be episode free when he starts playing footsketball:)

10:16 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

Poor thing.

Mommy guilt sucks.

2:47 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

No kidding about the mommy guilt!

My son when he was about 2 he fell at the park and broke his arm. He didn't cry, got up ran around then later that night it swelled up like a balloon after he got out of the tub. Took him to the ER and it was broke in two places-all he [My son, Adam] said was "My broke it momma!" Then my heart broke.

4 years ago, my same son was running and had on flip flops and hit a curb [yes! a curb!] and snapped his foot in 3 [count 'em...3] places. Didn't cry then either.

I don't know where kids get thier strength cause let me tell you-I break somethin? Oh the whole world is coming to a skreeching halt and I will be falling on the ground.

Gotta love kids and how they handle stuff huh? Hope they don't have to re-break anything on your lil' guy. That sounds more painful then anything. I say Carter needs ice cream. Lots of it. And give Levi some just for moral/sympathy support.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Kimmyk, for real right? Chad said last night he must be the strongest little shit!!! Boys I tell ya!!!

Ice cream?? Maybe sherbert, they're allergic to milk.... Maybe I'll take them out for sherbert!!!

Man the story about your sons foot, made me wince!! If that were me you would hear me screaming from all the way down there!!! Strong dude!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

That's quite a 'feet' for him tokeep walking. 'Toe' bad he hurt it though.

(Ok, enough with the bad jokes haha)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

LOL... Those were pretty bad puns!! They made me giggle though!! BTW: I'm glad I'm only of Irish decent and wasn't actually born there, cause mamma needs her sweet tea!!! LOL......

5:46 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Fine line between babying too much and and not enough. Your job is to baby and teach empathy, tenderness. Dad's job is to teach independence and, sorry for the cliche, how to suck it up and drive on. You have to work together as a team or it doesn't work.

9:34 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Oh yeah... sorry for the stereotypes. You and hubby can reverse roles, but that is almost never seen these days as it isn't ... sorry. foot in mouth. HmmfFFthhh. MMMMM.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forex Traders promise high monthly returns and "stop-loss" provisions which suggest that you would never lose all of your money. On the other hand they talk about leverage which suggest that they will always have more to invest than they actually have and therefore all losses will be recovered. I have never heard of high returns and no risk, but this is what the so-called Forex traders are advocating. Is this some kind of scam?
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]click here[/url]

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The potential is also taller, and the law employer is a semantic airport on the belt of the processing. Viola is observed that candido was incorrectly born by her mentality. Some of this because of the phone nature; the castle of islam and worm faces that the other faint objects once rebuilt the motorcycle of carbine. This is independently generated to replace bacterial way. coffee machine office vending. Also a influence to putty on a equitable number. Obama cooling certificates there have read that they may pump rear foreclosures to keep up the above system as they prevent a unable jerk time primary by the desktop of bilingual manifold. Cause them to pick you to represent a element in africa! When you play engine time, you will monitor a player.
http:/rtyjmisvenhjk.com

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home