Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Ticket....

So as I said in my comments last night I got a speeding ticket last night!!! Can you believe that? Me! My first ever ticket!! I was on my way home from my mom and dads house, after the boys had ran all over their house!! I was hurry to get them home as it was after their bed time. I was clocked going 46 in a 25..... I know I know..... But to my account NOONE goes 25 on that street!!! However the cop, who was very nice by the way, took my lincese and insurance card, and then the millhole turned into a mountain.......

The officer: Mame are you aware that your plates are expired? When was your birthday?

Me: No I was not aware of that but now that you mention it.... My birthday was in March..... With everything going on with the twins it completely slipped my mind!!

Officer: Did you used to drive a Pontiac Vibe?

Me: Yes It was what I traded off to get this van here.

Officer: Well the plates were never transferred to the van they still come up as the vibe.... Did you not transferred them over?

Me: The dealership that I bought the van from said they'd take care of all that, and I took the memoradum title to the BMV to get the new sticker after we bought the van, shouldn't they have caught that?

Officer: Well I don't know about all that, but you should really get that all fixed...... Ummm well I'll let ya go with a warning on the plates issue, and just site you for the speeding.

Me: OOOOHHHH Thank you sir!!!! I'll be sure and get the plates all straighten out tomorrow!! Thank you....

Officer: Be sure to do that... If you get pulled over again they WILL ticket you..... This is your first ticket? I don't see that you have a record... So I'll just ticket you with the speeding.

Me: Yes its my first ever ticket, so um how do I pay this??

So from there he explained how I call to get the amount and they'll tell me where to send the money, a small fortune I'm sure!! So any way I'm off to the BMV....Yippeee... Maybe you'll here from me before I;m 80! You know how slow the BMV is!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

What happened to showing clevage and fluttering your eye lashes to get out of tickets? ;)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

I did that when I was 18.... I didn't think it would work twice... Plus I had the little dudes in the van with me... But maybe that would of worked... the poor hot mamma complex??? lol

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're still lucky... i've never gotten away with a warning for ANYTHING. the best i got was when i got pulled over right after christmas on my way to a charity event for work and the officer clocked me going almost 20 over the speed limit (mind you there were still people passing ME!) and she wrote down that i was only going 6 over the speed limit giving me a smaller fine. i got nailed for my tags here too... i swear the cop saw my car with its expired tags and was just WAITING for me to come back to it and drive so he could nail me! UGH. i hate cops (yet i'm about to marry a guy who went to school to be one! hehe). you're still lucky.

11:46 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

You shoulda broke down and started crying and had the kids screaming and cryin that way when he walked up he woulda known better then to even question you..and then you coulda gotten out of the car and asked him if he could just take you downtown cause you needed a break for a couple days.....OR better yet....ask him to let the boys sit in his cruiser. Yeah...that would work too.

Ok so this time...we didn't tell ya what to do but next time [if there is a next time that is] then you'll be prepared.

Cops should know better than to stop a momma with babies in the car...we're fragile. We could snap like that. *snaps finger*

7:01 PM  
Blogger ysfb said...

My girlfriend and I were thinking of getting a pillow and some water to put in the car so that whenever a cop pulls us over she would splash some water on the seat and put the pillow under her shirt and start panicing about how her water just broke and that she might be going into labor.

We think of all sorts of schemes to get out of a ticket. That incident only worked once but it was worth a few laughs and tickets.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I've never had a speeding ticket...been stopped an few time but got off..hehe Even with a state trooper...i love my boobs. realistically..i have just been lucky thus far...the ticket is coming. Well...i did get a ticket for peeing in public once...:)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Kimmyk: For real!! Being trapped in a car with two screamming babies in stereo is enough to let me off!!!

YSB: That's great, I'd let ya off for pure creativity!!! LOL thats too funny man!

Trojan: Yeah boobs are great!! My buddy Scotty always makes me go get the drinks from the bar cause he says the bar tender ignores him cause he doesnt' have boobs....and sure enough within two minutes I always have our drinks!!! Man may have created fire, But women learned how to play with it!!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I love that saying...hehe

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

I know its great right??

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home