Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Baby Gear.... Are You For Real???

This shit is for real, I was browsing some baby sites this afternoon and came across this stuff!! First off is a battery powered toothbrush!! This is like a 6 month old baby who probably has one little half tooth... Is this necessary??
I'm sorry But I do not want this contraption in my bathroom! We have one bathroom that is probably 6x6 and this is the last thing I'm gonna try and make room for!!
This bothers me on so many levels.... Hear me out, isn't it better to train them on the real potty so they get use to it, cause our potties don't make cool train noises when ya go!!! Though I'm sure Chad would like it too!!! And again where do you put such a thing? I've had other moms tell me to put the "little" potty in the living room so its around. Ummm yeah I don't think so. The "real" potty doesn't sit in the middle of the living room, and I'm sure guest will like it when they come over to a potty in the middle of the living room that I didn't know was used!! Or poop art done by the oh so famous Kuhn Twins!!
Ok really, most strollers come with canopies and even if they don't is this really needed?? How ridicules does this look??
It's little things like this that are for the parents that have more money than sense!! Knee pads?? Please!! Eventually they'll have to toughen those little knees up!!
And finally I will have you all know that my tub will NEVER look like this!! Come on now, I need at least one place in my small place that's not overrun with baby toys!! Mom needs at least one refuge from the madness!! I view my bathroom as my only "get away from it" spot, even if I'm not actually "going" I'm still "in the bathroom" there for I cannot come to you at that moment!! It's my oasis, sad huh, this is what life has come to, I'm regarding my bathroom as an oasis!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

You gotta be kidding me...Modern baby technology....

11:41 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Yeah really huh? More like a bunch of bull shit to me!! lol

9:10 AM  
Blogger BRAE said...

I agree with the bathroom thing. I still take really long showers since that is the only time I can get away from my kids for half an hour. Now that my son is 5 he just sticks his fingers under the door and keeps asking "are you done" until I finally get mad an yell or open the door.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Brae: lol... too funny, yeah I'm pretty sure as soon as 20 fingers start pokin under the door and two little voices come calling in stereo.... I'll get a mad myself... I need love and gotta have my Loonnggg showers!! I'm with ya girl!!

Thanks for stopping by, hope to hear from you again!!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Well, once again modern marketing triumphs over good taste!
The way I see it, we got along just fine without such contraptions.

They're just a big waste of time, but you and i know that Mr and Mrs "Perfect Parent" will read something telling them that their yuppie-infested youngster will grow up more well-adjusted than his parents if he has little knee-pads or a play-poop potty.

Good lawd, have mercy.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Anthony... For real brother!!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home