Friday, May 19, 2006

I Gotta Say It........

I just gotta say it.... I'm getting very tired of Bush... President that is!! I was watching "The situation with Tucker" last night on MSNBC... Something I like to watch but it always serves to get me fired up! Bush is wanting to give amnesty to the illegal aliens that are already here... An estimated 12 million!! WTF?? This is suppose to be are go get em president, going after the "faceless cowards"? Let me remind you mister president that the "cowards" that carried out 9/11 were already here!! In the country.... But hey whatever lets just let all of them stay no questions asked!!! WTF?? I have nothing against you wanting to come to our country and become a citizen, but they should have to go through the correct procedures.... Talk about protecting the homeland......

Also was the debate about wanting to make English the USA's official language and activist, especially Latino activist were saying that doing that is racist! Pardon me?? You don't see any body telling Spain they're racist cause Spanish is they're national language!! Again I say WTF?? These same activist are pushing for a 14 million dollar tax program that will build Spanish speaking learning centers so that they're children can be taught in their language...... Umm you all came to live here and you know that we speak English here!! Should we cater to them?? Should we have Spanish speaking learning centers here in America??? What do you all think.........................

6 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

I just wonder how long before we can vote again.....

I think speaking English here makes sense...but I don't really live in an area where there are other languages spoken so I don't see what everyone else is seeing or dealing with as far as immigrants go. Sounds stupid I know, I live in the US, but....again....I don't see it here in Central Ohio.

1:12 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I agree about the language thing. While people should be free to follow their own language/ spiritual/ cultural beliefs, I also believe that when they move to a country they should fit into that country's way of life - including learning their language

1:24 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

kimmyk: firestarter5 has a count down clock of how many days till Bush is out of office! And I know what you mean not much around here either, though when i visit my sis in Columbus, Hilliard, and we go to Myers, its like we went to a different country all you hear is Spanish or Indian all around you!! Its kinda neat....But as a whole I think we should still teach ALL the children English.

Ian: Totally whole heartedly agree buddy!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I'm American, yet of Mexican descent.

I lived in Italy for a few years where Italian is predominately spoken. I took it upon "myself" to learn the Italian language because I considered it a "priviledge" to live there.

The same should hold true here.

Two cents.

Cheers.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

nocturnal: I couldn't agree more!! You lived in Italy? I'm so jelous thats always been a dream of mine!

9:09 AM  
Blogger gloria said...

I'll agree to disagree.

After all, what is America without freedom of speech?

:)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home