Sunday, February 05, 2006

Negativity............

Well we were suppose to go tonight to look at a duplex my cousins have that's three bedrooms...With a huge kitchen....And a dinningroom and a livingroom....The only thing is it has no garage. However for the deal we are being given on it, and what we have found in the last six months or better...Which is nothing we could afford...I'd give up a garage for more living space. Its rent that we can afford and the extra bedroom we've been wanting and it won't go up every year..Cause were family...However they had to cancel our date so to speak because of the superbowl...So I have to call Dawn tomorrow to set up another date this week. I'm way excited to show Chad the place. See I've seen it but he hasn't. So that's why we set up a go see for him to check it out. Now like I said I'm really excited about this opportunity we are being given....We've been trying to find a place with another bedroom but have not been successful...They've all been WAY out of our price range...And we can't afford a house of our own so we were getting flustered! However as excited as we our about checking more into this and meeting with my cousins to ask more questions and all...There's been friends we've told who the first thing out of their mouths is the negative. Chad's buddy Scotty's first thing he said was " well the only thing I can see is it doesn't have that big of a yard and your in town more so you'll be closer to the fire station" you get the drift. What is with that?? I would NEVER say negative things about something one of my friends is excited about. He wasn't the only one to say things...What irrates me is it's not like they don't know our sistuation and what we can afford compared to what's out there. My cousins our meeting our price with the rent that we can afford and the whole place is being redone!!! It's something after many months of looking and being discouraged that we're excited about!! We were starting to wonder what we were going to do if we were to have another baby we have no more room here....And can't afford any other places we prayed about it and though we are still checking into this opportunity, maybe this is God's answer for us. So how can so many people be so negative? I just don't understand...I mean there were places we called on that were only two bedrooms but like double what were paying now!!! So I have to ask...What's with all the negative comments people?? FYI: if you're only trying to help...you're NOT.

I'll keep ya all updated....Until next time, peace..............................................................

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think they were being negative. I think they were just trying to help you see all the points of this move. You know..good cop, bad cop kinda thing. Sometimes when we think something is perfect for us we can't see any flaws, which if you have true friends, is where they come in. They don't want to see you do something you might end up hating just because of the money. They are right, you will be further into the city, the fire station is very close, there isn't much yard...those are all truths but that doesn't mean that they aren't happy for you if it's what you want as a couple. I know that you probably want more room but you did say the rent is the same, you have a garage & the park is practically in your back yard where you are now. As for the extra room for a possible baby, that could wait too if need be. Money is a problem for you now, it will be much worse if that should happen. I think your friends just want to be sure you weigh your decision carefully. Quick decision aren't always good decisions and the grass is not always greener on the other side. Look at it positively, they just want the best for you and your family.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, see this is why I don't like e-mail. I didn't mean what I wrote to sound harsh or like I don't want you to do this either. Actually, this is not my decision or anyone elses. You and Chad need to decide what is best for your family & then do it. We lived in town for not quite a year right across from the fire station & Steph loved it. Now my husband didn't like it as much as I did since he grew up in "the country" but I was a city girl & loved it. And you know what - if you do move & decide you don't like it after all - move again! Love ya Kate Michele!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home