Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Heart Attack.........

I was giving the boys a snack while I prepared myself dinner....(for those of you wandering I ate around six...And I had garlic roast beef with green beans and potatoes...) And while I was preparing the meal it happened. I turned around a glimpsed at the boys and noticed Carter was all reddish purplish and doing a silent gag..... I tried pounding on he's back and rising he's arms, nothing, still he did not breath so I grab him and pushed on he's belly, panic rushing through me all I could think of was losing him. After the first push he let a little gag out and then nothing again, he still wasn't breathing.... This time I bent him over and pushed up on he's belly.... And finally, he threw up all he had eaten and then made a really hard gagging sound and then the most beautiful sound in the world, at least at that moment, he started to scream and cry!! It scared him no doubt and gave me a freakin' heart attack!! I called Chad home to make sure he was all right and I didn't push to hard on he's belly..... He cried for a while and clung on to me, but now he's playing like it never happened..... Not as easy for me to forget!!!

So there ya have it... I probably grew three grey hairs from that and gave my adrenaline a very good work out!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger ysfb said...

My parents constantly worry about me when I was living at home. They worry more about me now that I'm not always "there".

If they hear that I had to go the hospital for anything they would drop every thing they are doing and rush to be at my side and to fuss at the doctors for not rushing to me when I was in pain. I always tell my girlfriend that if I go to the hospital, don't tell my parents unless she has to or else they will panic to the point where they will rush and speed as fast as they can to get to me putting themselves in danger and everybody else around them.

My parents and friends have always worried about me. Can't understand why......oh, I remember now.....

7:52 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Holy SHIT....you saved his life girl...great job and what a freaking scary ordeal. You did beautifully under pressure....feel good about that.

I can't belive how much you have been through in just the short time we have known each other WTF? i mean really WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

You better have some kickass good luck thrown your way soon....I'll hope for it ...for you!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

I know girl right?? My dad told me that, that I saved his life.... That part hasn't hit me yet! I think I'm still in denial of it all!! lol.... Thanks for the good luck vibes.... I'm thinking I should turn all this into a book of somesort! Like confessions of an angry housewife, or something!! LOL.....

9:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

you should call it " riding out the tough waves and looking for the calm after the storm"

10:08 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

it's exhausting! Emotional energy is much more valuable than physical energy. its' the same reason I get tense when I go to the dentist.

What you described is probably why single people have shorter lives than married people.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

I almost had a heart attack just reading about it!! You must have had enough adrenaline to keep you awake for a week!!!

I hope you're around if I'm ever choking!!! :)

6:49 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Wow, glad it went ok. Good for you, quick on your feet!

9:59 AM  
Blogger BRAE said...

That story was so funny. Needed a good smile this morning. And yes I laughed because I have had to do that many times. Next time try the finger scoop first, I have always had good luck with that.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Trojan: I'll get your permission first to use it!!

Anthony: I hate the dentist as well, its one of those things you dread doing but once you go you feel so much better.... But I am married, does that mean my life would be even more stressful if I were single??!!

Jes: I know, I had a hard time falling asleep last night!!

Ian: I almost didn't stay on my feet, due to almost passing out from panic, but then my adrienline kicked in!!

Brae: This was beyond the finger sweep! Though I have done that one with a case of a penny in the mouth!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

OMG my heart is racing reading this!

my son choked once on a starburst. I never allowed them to have hard candy again! That is the scariest feeling isn't it? Glad he's ok. Does he say anything about it?

8:51 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Kimmyk: It was scary!! Hard candy scares me and I'm an adult!! He doesn't say much yet... well he does in "twin" language but I don't know that!!! lol

9:29 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

You gave me the goosebumps!!

It's a good thing you turned around when you did!!

((hugs))

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home