Sunday, January 08, 2006

Dating.....Do We Have Too???

Lately the subject of dating and not wanting too has seemed to come up alot. My best friend of some 13years is the same age as me and single...and quite frankly i believe she's loving it! However everyone is after her to date and meet someone....ya know the whole "how ya going to get married if you don;t get out there and meet people and date?" thats what people tell her. I'm sitting here like she's 23!!!!! Whats the rush?? I relize this might sound weird comming from a girl who married at 19, but that doesn't make me a cursader for marriage and all. Dating's tough I hated it and thank God daily I found my wonderful Husband early on. I was at the Giant Eagle the other day getting what else but daipers....when I overheard these girls talking. They were saying how the feel like their never gonna meet the right man and get married and die an old maid! Do you know how old they were? 20..thats right 20 i know this because i asked! Believe me at times I think maybe I got married to young but I wouldn't have changed it even now if I was given the chance...but that was were my life was going and what was right for me but I do addmitt I was really Young. But then Chad's seven years older than me and was ready to settle and quite frankly I was too I knew he was the one. Anyway back to what has me worried for my best friend is the thing she told me the other night...let me catch you up a little....she's been talking with this guy she meet through eharmony who happens to be a pastor and she works in the church as a christian education director. But she's really not feeling him but he's really liking her though. And the other night she said "but what if he's the only guy that will ever like me and I mess it up by telling him I don't see it working out and then its my fault I'm alone?" My response was....what the hell!!! You should be telling yourself that you deserve a partner that you like and can be yourself with and love you shouldn't have to settle.....why are we as women so insecure we feel we have to settle instead of waiting and going after what we want. To all those gals out there who are single and feeling the pressure to be with someone..just promise me that you won;t settle that if you're happy were you are in life that thats all that matters and to just tune everyone else out!!!! I hope i made a little since sometimes when I start ranting i don';t always make complete thoughts...sorry if I've done that here.

Thats all for now more.....Later...........

3 Comments:

Blogger Larry and Steph said...

My Katie...it's so true. I hate dating...I do want to get married...but I'm realizing that I'm OK...I'm content at the moment. And I'm figuring out that he isn't what I want at all. The more I think about it, the more I believe I just need to tell him that it's not going to work. I deserve more than to just settle. If I'm meant to get married, than that special guy will enter my world at the right time. Thanks for getting me, for supporting me, and just for being Katie. Love you...

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kate - I'm glad that you are supporting her & giving her the same advice as other members of her family. You should never feel you have to settle. Although this guy sounds very nice, I don't think he is the "right one" either. As a member of the married early group (age 18), I agree that I knew my husband was the one for me. I have to admit that I envy Femmie sometimes too. I didn't have the college days, the jetting off to wherever & whenever, coming & going as I pleased & only needing to take care of myself time. I am very sure that she knows what she wants & who she is. She is a very lovely,independent young lady. However, I would never change a thing though because then I wouldn't have had her. She brings so much joy to so many people's lives. I pray that one day, if it is God's will, he will hand pick a wonderful man for her to share her life with. Thanks Kate Michele for being her friend.

P.S. I agree with the dating thing - if something ever happened that I was single again - I'm traveling. To hell with dating!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kate, i agree (and steph, honey, please don't settle. hang in there you will find him). when you find the one you're meant to be with, you will just know. it will come out of nowhere and hit you. even though someone is good to you doesn't mean he's good for you (if that makes sense). i know for awhile (back around 2001/2002-ish) i felt like i was getting too old and needed to get married soon, but about a year ago i realized there is no rush. things will happen when they are meant to happen.
here's my quote for the day: "the universe has a way of unfolding the way that it's supposed to" (or something like that) from a crazy movie i just watched today called harold and kumar go to white castle (kind of like a dumb and dumber movie)

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home