Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Panic With In Me...

I’ve been off all my meds now for about six months. For the most part I’m doing great. It’s just this irritated/agitated feeling of panic all the time. Go back to my therapist?

Hmmmm…Maybe only he’s no longer on my insurance plan and I’d have to go around in this circle with a new one….

Doctor: Why do you have these feeling?

Me: I don’t know.

Doctor: Why the agitated panic all the time?

Me: Doctor with all do respect, don’t you think that IF I knew why then most likely I wouldn’t need to be here!!??

No I don’t have the energy right now to go around that circle again.

Pfft.

That’s my biggest gripe about therapy. I’m not sure the point when all they do is ask you why. They don’t give you answers or tell you how to correct the panic disorder or the anxious feelings. They just sit there, and the last dude I had would talk about what’s going on in his life! Ummm…and how’s this helping ME?

I want answers, I want a fix. Why these anxious panic feelings? What do I have to be anxious and panicky about? I have a wonderful husband a great new home that’s all ours…I always thought that eventually they’d go away. Once we had a home of our own, Chad’s job had stability, that that would take care of everything. So why am I still left with this shit? What’s wrong with me?

I have a feeling that the fix is for me to stop thinking so much.

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Maybe a lot of your anxiety is about the worry you have for your little ones' heath. There's nothing wrong with you, it's just how you're wired.

I know and understand your feelings toward therapy.

Hugs

6:00 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Every time I think I've got life by the shorties, something else comes along. It always does and always will.
If I knew the secret to happiness and contentment, I'd be on a book tour now. Otherwise, i guess the best thing we can do is to use the old motto of the Round Table:
Adopt, Adapt and Improve.

That's a bit simple, I know, but the real answer is probably more complicated, and I'm not so sure it comes in pill form, either.
It's good for your body that you're off the meds, now the trick is to figure out how to make your mind as powerful as the medication.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I don;t know anything about hterapy, but I do know it has helped a lot of my friends. Maybe you just need to find the right therapist. I bet a lot of your worry has to do with your noys, though. That's only natural.

10:50 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

i find that i must behave my way out of that feeling.
because i get stuck in a rut, and habits are hard to break.

:(

11:41 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Katie..I am prone to panic attacks..they are freaking scary as hell but you CAN figure out the trigger with time and exposure.

I honestly think yours stem from worry over your boys and what they are currently having to go through. That combined with the family stress you have talked about before....can easily manifest itself and show in ugly ways..

Email me if you have any questions, I am no doctor but have personal experience with this crap.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

It could be the boys' condition, however I've been messin with this shit way before I even had the boys!! I started therapy the last time while I was Pregnant with them.

I guess though the triggers can be differnt as life itself changes.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

triggers change constantly as life changes..

working out keeps me balanced. I get VERY depressed when I skip..

10:24 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

We all go through panicy moments, I think. I also think they are what make us focus on what we want from life - you know, highlight what we think we might be missing out on, or losing, or letting pass by? Something like that anyway. Working through them in our minds is the only way to do it - some people get benefit from talking to therapists etc,others get through it on their own. Whatever has worked for you before, perhaps that's the way to go again.

But I also think you have something with your last sentence - perhaps the reason we all get this way is that we are never fully content with what we have. We see what the neighbours have and want it too. Perhaps we should all just be content with our lot.

Something for us all to think about :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger mike said...

The key is to recognize when a panic attack begins. I used to never realize i was having one until it was well set upon me. But, now I realize the tell tail signs of the onset.

ONce you are able to realize that you are on the precipice to that steep slope to one ... that is the beginning of figuring out how to derail it. That is different for everyone. But it is like any other skill, it can be learned and get better with practice.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

I found that running helps me with that sort of thing, it's practically free and requires no one else but me to be there

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home