Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Makes Ya Think...

Chad and I have been watching the Sopranos seasons at night together. Which has been nice, cause usually we are in different rooms watching our own things.

Anyway, the other night was the episode where Tony’s therapist is raped in the stairwell of her office parking deck as she’s leaving. She can identify him, but the police messed up on arresting him and had to let him go.

She’s in the deli and sees the picture of the manager up on the wall and its him. So now she knows a name and where he works.

They show her talking to her therapist about how she’s pissed he won’t have to answer or pay for what he did to her. But that she could have him “taken care of” and she knows it by telling Tony. She knows what his “business” is.

The last scene they show her in her session with Tony and she starts to say something…that she wasn’t in a car wreck…. she was raped and she knows by who. But at last she doesn’t tell him. Ethics I guess.

For some reason I couldn’t get this episode out of my head. After it was over I took my glass to the kitchen, checked on the boys, and then came back in the living room. I looked at Chad and said,

“I would of told him.”

Maybe that makes me bad or unethical… but that was my gut feeling and the truth I was thinking.

5 Comments:

Blogger gloria said...

i think i would have too.

mostly because i am always the damsel in distress...my whole life, i have been taken care of/protected by my BFs.
always.
and when a problem or situation arose when they couldn't take care of/protect me, i moved on.
it's evolution- survival of the fittest- looking for the strongest with which to procreate.
but also, i think, we just want to be taken care of.

is that such a bad thing?

?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Fig said...

Oh I'd tell... without a doubt.

Imagine if you didn't, and he did it again. Nope. I wouldn't think twice about telling.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

If there was no chance of a legal reckoning, I would tell too. Lily's reason of keeping it from happening to someone else would figure high in that decision.

6:14 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

I'd tell and then I'd tell him where works, etc. Cause I'm hateful like that.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

it's not bad or unethical -- in my opinion, it's justice

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home