Sunday, December 17, 2006

Random Acts of Katieness Vol 2.


Christmas party was last night… Had an awesome time! Danced for hours, with Chad’s buddy Carl from work, said I was the only white woman there in a black woman’s body that could dance like one [I’m taking this as a compliment as he danced with me the whole night!], that’s cause I’m good…I know, you don’t have to tell me…Waahhaaa. My legs are killing me with all that booty dancin’ we did!! I’m not use to that shit anymore!! Oh! And the dress… If people weren’t lying to me than my dress was a hit.

Also I’ve been tagged by Anthony to go to page 123 of the nearest book to me go to the fifth line and type the three sentences after that. So the book is ‘Marilyn: Her Life in her own words.’ Compiled by George Barris. Here goes:

‘I agreed to do the swimming scene nude when I was told it would make the film more of a success artistically and commercially. I had never done a nude scene in a motion picture before. I knew the studio was in financial straits because of the Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra filming in Rome.’

There you have it.

On to the next thing: The boys…Thank you all for your supportive and well wishing emails, You all are so great. Some of you have emailed me about what exactly they are going to be going through and so I thought I’d post what I wrote to Trojan in an email in answer to that question. So here you are exactly what they will have done and why:

Their IGG levels are down. That’s the levels of antibodies that make up your immune system. So they do infusions that are different than transfusions cause they're adding something to their blood. They take the hemoglobin from many donors and spin it a certain way to get the antibodies that my boys need and then infuse their blood with it, in hopes that that gives them enough for their immune system to work and rise their numbers. That’s why they go back every 28-35 days, cause our body naturally cycles through and makes new antibodies once a month so they like to stick to that cycle. Interesting stuff...no? I read that it takes 5,000-donor blood to make one treatment!!! I think the guys at Chad's work are going to do a blood drive...in honor of them. That’s also why the treatments are sooooo expensive.

And lastly the last random act of Katieness for today: I was in Sears looking for boxer briefs for Chad and I was looking at the one brand and it said on the back of the package… “Reduced Shrinkage” Now I’m thinking they could be getting a lot more than 15.99$ for them bad boys!! I’m just sayin’!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You look beautiful!! I would have danced with you too!

My dad has been donating blood for years. In all he's given about 10 gallons.

So, the idea behind the treatments is so their immune systems will build up and they won't need them anymore?

10:18 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Thanks Snavy! They're suppose to help them out untill they're bodies start produces their own antibodies, which teh doctors are hopeful that will be around age 4 or 5. With out the infusions we'd have to keep them sequestered like now till then .

We need to go dancing together!! We'd tear it up!!!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

you look gorgeous (as always). glad you had fun.

you all will continue to be in my prayers... and maybe, just maybe i'll donate blood for the boys' sake!

god bless you and your family and keep you all strong!

see you soon!

1:09 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

I'm not allowed to give blood :(

Bloody Australians think I have mad cow disease.

I'm pretty sure I don't.

5:15 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

You look so pretty!

Chad don't look half bad his self.

Glad to hear you had a good time!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

You look beautiful and the dress is perfect! How fun that you danced the night away.

I hope the infusions work well for the boys and that they start kicking out their own antibodies soon :)

Good choice on boxer briefs. I don't know if I'd believe that advertising though ;)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Kate - you look gorgeous!

You have inspired me to go and give blood this week. Maybe even today.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I just donated the other day. They missed my vein and it hurt a lot. I don't do well with needles, but at least I didn't get stuck 3 times like the hubby did.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Did y'all dance to the miss new booty song?

5:37 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

yay!!! i love dancing. of course you rocked their socks off with that stunning dress!
tee hee hee to the "reduced shrinkage" - veeeery sneaky!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home