Thursday, December 28, 2006

One Day At A Time...Breath...One Day At A Time...Breath...

There are all kinds of mothers out there. Ones that I wonder how they do it all, ones that make me wonder how they could do that to their kids, and ones that just plain make me wonder.

Sometimes I question my patients with the kids, sometimes I question my attachments to them…Let me explain.

In my mommy travels I’ve met many a mommy who is so attached they don’t let anyone baby-sit; they have problems sending them to school, and so forth. This is not I. If you want to watch my children all day I will practically throw them at you. School? Can’t wait…. Is this abnormal?

I never question my love…Never. But it’s days like these last few that I do question my patients. There have been moments these pass few days where I’ve went into the bathroom closed the door and yelled… “I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!”

I’ve had them jumping and falling off beds, throwing fits. Hitting and biting each other, turning the faucet on in the bathroom and then closing the door so that when I go in there the sink is overflowing, I’ve found them sitting on top of the kitchen table and we have one of those really tall bar like tables, I’ve caught a certain little boy climbing head first out of their crib…. Oh I could go on and on…But I’ll spare you.

Birth control? Spend a day here… It’s all you will need. Parents with teens? You want to scare them, send them on over!!!

They’re ganging up on me!!! HELP!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger ysfb said...

Once I start wanting to have kids, I want a big family. I want at least 10 kids so that when I get old, I'll have 10 choices of homes to move into.

9:59 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Sounds like boys to me.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Fig said...

aw hon... I don't know what to tell you except, put them to bed and run yourself a big bubble bath, lock the door and turn on some music.

10:48 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

they're boys hon, they're supposed to make you feel like screaming...
i would say they'll grow out of it, but i have a teenage boy one that still hasn't grown out of it.

xox :P

2:01 AM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Guess ... you will miss that wilderness ... when they move out :-D

4:19 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Just think...at one time you had two little penises growing inside of you at the same time.

Talk about funky:)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Perhaps it's just the terrible two's?

10:20 AM  
Blogger BRAE said...

I will take them for a weekend. I already promised my sister that I would take her boys and break them of there bad habits. I tend to be a bit strict.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Trojan: Hahaha....you made me smile...thanks...hey isn't that in Sex and the City?

Brea: DEAL!!! I feel like I've been dishin' out spankin's and putting them in their beds for time out all week!!!

Kimmy: And that's why I don't need any more kids...I don't need anymore BOYS!!!!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Yep....it sure is:)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

LOL!! My brother says that whenever he and his wife feel the urge to have kids, they just come spend a few hours with mine and boom ... the feeling passes.

For me, no matter how stressed or angry or how long I spend sitting on the floor behind the kitchen island hiding, I would never want to be anything but a mom. I have a problem with non-family members babysitting but that's because of what happened to me when I was little. Kindergarten was a very welcome here when it came this fall so I think you're very normal in that respect. Mom's need a break and mom's of twins need double the break -- we both know this.

6:27 PM  
Blogger ... said...

You are so absolutely normal...those that are so attached they don't know what to do are not normal, AT ALL. You are doing a great job and you should give yourself a hand in handling it all so well.

11:25 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I would say normal too. You're a fine mom. Don't doubt yourself.

6:25 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

HNY Katie

2:45 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy New Year Katie!

Last year was great meeting you...I look forward to us hanging out in 2007.

Love ya!

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home