Saturday, December 23, 2006

It Hits Me Like A Wave...Trying To Pull Me Under.

So I’m driving down the road tonight driving the boys to help calm them down for the night and I’m listening to one of my CD’s I’ve made. Damien Rice’s Cold Water comes on and a little less than half way through the song I break down. I had to pull over cause I was crying so hard I couldn’t see. All I could think about was the boys, how I want them to be safe to make it through the year ahead… To have another Christmas here with us.

The doctor called yesterday and said they are shooting for the first of the year to start the infusions. The center is full right now, but there are two kids that will be done with their Chemo rounds at the end of the month and the boys will take their place in the center.

I knew it was happening, I knew they we’re going to have to go through this…But for some reason that call made it real. Made it so real.

Why do these things have to happen to children to babies? It just seems so cruel. Though they are the strongest among us. I very rarely question God, he has his reasons… So keeping that in mind…

WHY?

God you were with us when they fought for their life in the beginning, and though I may question why at times, I know you will be with us now. Keep them safe, and give them strength…Give us all a little strength.

Amen.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that's so tough for you guys at this time. I really pray it all goes well for them & for you.
In the meantime, all any of us can do is make the most of what time we are allotted ... so have a Merry Christmas and take one day at a time. Bless you all.

10:55 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

:(

Stay strong, Katie. All of us are here to do whatever we can, anytime you need...

2:38 AM  
Blogger unreuly said...

oh katie, this is most certainly your challenge. you are a strong woman and your boys are going to need your strength and faith in the coming months. you and them are in my thoughts...they will come out of this fine, i know it.

6:26 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

For two little immunosuppressed boys-they seem to be doing ok-[from the video I mean].

They're gonna be ok Kate. You gotta believe that. It's you that you need to worry about. You have to keep yourself healthy right now because you're the one they're going to look to to know that it's all gonna be ok. Keep your chin up...and remember you are blessed.

As far as GOD goes? I don't know why he/she does WHAT he/she does. I question a lot of things...

7:09 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

The same thing happens to me when I listen to Fiona's "Red Red Red". I usually skip it when I have the CD in.

You have a pretty good support group here.

Focus on Monday and enjoy the day. We're here with you.

9:31 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

amen.

10:31 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Happy Xmas Katie :)

3:32 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Merry Christmas!

2:53 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

I hope the boys enjoyed their first Christmas in their new shiny home.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

That's odd.
What do you suppose that "anonymous" comment was all about?

6:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I believe in them and I believe in you....

We are all here for you Katie....

7:54 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

merry christmas katie.
hope you had a beautiful day with your loved ones.

11:56 PM  
Blogger ysfb said...

think positive when things are negative.

merry christmas!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home