Tuesday, January 30, 2007

This Is One OF THOSE Post... This is Me Warning You.

Life…

Just keeps on dumpin on me. It must be me. Something I’m doing wrong, something I’m putting out there. I try to be a good person I mean, hell, it’s not like I have time to be a bad one. But man it’s like we can’t ever catch a break around here.

As soon as we decide its safe to jump into some thing like buying a house…BAM!! Something happens. I can’t ever get ahead. Chad’s truck died today. It doesn’t look like it’s worth fixing for what its worth. So I’ll have to take him to work and pick him up.

And then the little things just start pissing you off when you’re trying to conserve money. The fact that we never go out or do anything fun, but still have to pinch pennies…. The fact that diapers are so expensive… The fact that I’m charged two copays when they see the kids at the same time… The fact that my stupid eyes are changing again and so are Chad’s and we don’t have vision insurance… The fact that the boys’ jeans are all high waters and one pair of kid jeans are more than I pay for my own jeans. What’s up with that?

It’s just one of those times when you sit and ask yourself… “What’s the point? What’s the point to it all??”

12 Comments:

Blogger Mind Sprite said...

I don't know why this happens, but it does seem to hit everyone sooner or later.

video's got the right idea for clothes. you could probably sell the boys' old stuff and get them new stuff at the same time.

hang in there, katie. things will get better. just think...you'll get to spend more time with Chad ( a grownup, no less!) while commuting!

4:04 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

*big hugs*

6:36 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

I do the second hand and good will thing now! I sell on ebay and to second hand stores to help too. Once upon a child here is pricy though, they want 8-10$ for a pair of jeans!! I can get myself jeans at Old Navy during a kick ass sale for less than that!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Fig said...

the cost of kids clothing is ridiculous... I agree. the only way we get by is my aunts are clothing freaks and they basically clothe my daughter... they love to shop for little girls.

honey I wish I could give you a big hug and take you out for a girly night on the town. Tom Cruise knows I need a night out too!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh sweetie ... the 2 co-pays for the same time appt has always bothered me soooo much!!! People ever say, "oh 2 for the price of one" ?? -- i want to hit them!

11:37 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

((hugs))

it always happens that way for us too.

this too shall pass only gets ya so far...

2:14 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

I ask myself those questions all the time. Usually, when I feel like I'm getting ahead, something happens to back me up a few paces.

{{big hug}}

We need to find our joys where we can.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Sorry things are rough for you now Katie! I've been there before and things will get better! Sending hugs your way.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Sorry things are rough for you now Katie! I've been there before and things will get better! Sending hugs your way.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

oops, sorry about the double post!

1:07 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

It always happens when you least expect it. I'm sorry to hear things aren't going so well right now. It sucks and no matter what I say is going to change the fact that you gotta get up and drive Chad to work and then bundle the kids up etc and go back and pick him up. I had to do that more times than I care to remember...it'll pass...all bad things come and go.

I have friends who have little boys-what size are your boys in?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

I think Ron "Tater Salad" White said it best... "When life gives you lemons, find someone who's life is giving them [tequila] and have a party"

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home