Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hello There Again...

I have more friends in my life now than I’ve ever had…Coincidence? I think not. Breaking free form an unhealthy friendship has opened so much up to me.

I must say though having said friends is exhausting!! A good exhausting though.

Friday myself, Chad and my good friend Alicia are heading down to Columbus. We’re staying with my sis. Saturday Chad is competing, and in the morning the girls are meeting up with Kimmy. So excited to see her again. I threaten Chad and told him if he competes while all us girls are together we’re coming over there to be his Cheer Squad!! He was all…”Oh good Lord!!”

I wanted to make shirts up for all of us that said ‘Chad “the tree” Kuhn’…however Chad said absolutely not! He’s no fun.

The boys are doing better except the fevers are holding on at night.

I’ve told myself that when I come back from Columbus, I’m throwing myself into packing!! I will be a one-woman packing machine, watch out!!

We’re going for our final walk through tonight at the house. My dad will be inspecting everything one last time; I however will be measuring for the placement of furniture and for my first ever DISHWASHER!!!!!!! The best part about my new house will be the garbage disposal and the dishwasher I’m putting in! [It doesn’t take much for me]

Well peeps that’s all I got for today…other than…A new House Rule, huh? We shall see what we shall see… Just don’t be messin with my child tax credit!!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

"The tree"?

3:41 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

::sigh::

one day i'll have a dishwasher again, too.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Scotty [our buddy] and I always call him a tree cause he's six foot one and 145 pounds on a heavy day!!!

4:10 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

although i'm a loner by nature, i LOVE that occassional feeling of being surrounded by friends and having an awesome day or two together!

good luck to chad...what does he compete in?

i hope your boys feel better soon.

i was once in columbus...i had a friend who when to oberlin a few years ago =)

5:17 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

although i'm a loner by nature, i LOVE that occassional feeling of being surrounded by friends and having an awesome day or two together!

good luck to chad...what does he compete in?

i hope your boys feel better soon.

i was once in columbus...i had a friend who when to oberlin a few years ago =)

5:18 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

I'll cheer Chad on. He'll be like Jamie and hang his head. Nooo I'm not that bad.

I'm sorry to hear the boys are still carrying their temps. Man winter and kids is not a good time.

Can't wait to see you and your sister and your friend Alicia in a few days. I'm really looking forward to it!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My husband never lets me get us all cute little matching t-shirts - he's a big poop.

Packing sucks. Sucks I say!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Breaking free form an unhealthy friendship has opened so much up to me"

that's so happy.
i love it :)
and im glad youre happy!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

He competes in Jui-Jitsu.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

You're gonna be totally SPOILED by that dishwasher. I was.

And, congratulations on the smoking ban and the Democrat gov. Nice one.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the packing. I'm terrible at throwing things out, so I daren't move house. It would take ten years just to find the floor again. LOL!

2:35 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Here's a funny story for ya Kate.

I never had a dishwasher until about 5 years ago. When we moved into base housing in the Army was when I first had one. One day after I had been there for months it broke so I called the repair guy to come fix my dishwasher. As he's explaining he'd have to order parts and it could take a while that he would be back to fix it I looked at him and said "How am I suppose to wash my dishes then?" and he looked at me like I was a spoiled princess and said "My wife doesn't have a dishwasher". Then it dawned on me...he was trying to tell me to wash them by hand.

Pfft.

I don't know how to act now if my dishwasher breaks. I remember last year once doing dishes and thinking it was like therapy of some sort to wash dishes while staring out my kitchen window. HAHA, I musta been huffing lavender and vanilla that day because there's no way!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Katie,

Can't tell you how many "toxic" friendships i have had to break off...all women of course. Women are bitches( well many are).

Have fun with Kimmy and take PICS!!!!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home