Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Make A List...

Life experts say we are to make a life list. The things we would like to accomplish in our life. It’s supposed to keep us on track. So I sat down and made out mine, but while making it out one thing was very clear. Most of the things I’d like to do require you to have the funds to do them, reiterating my thought on all these “life experts”: While what they have to say is all well and good, according to them a fulfilled life is directly proportionate to having enough money to support it. I of course don’t buy into that…As having someone to love, being loved in return and a feeling of purpose in life is free. But here’s my list anyway….

1. Learn to play guitar.
2. Learn to spell guitar the first time with out having spell check every time!!
3. Visit NYC.
4. Go on a honeymoon---I’ve never had one.
5. Be me with no fear and no apologies.
6. Travel, top places: Ireland, Italy and Russia. .
7. Run a mile.
8. Swim with dolphins.
9. Adopt a child from a third world country, where otherwise they would die in an orphanage before they’re fifth birthday.
10. Meet all my blogger friends.
11. Get a tattoo.
12. Write a book.
13. Make a difference.
14. Teach my children to love and not judge.

What’s you life list?

14 Comments:

Blogger dr. psy said...

You are a smart girl! I'm with you in regards to these life experts saying that your happiness is directly proportionate to how much money you have. I don't believe that either.

Being married to someone who you love and who loves you and supports you and getting to raise your children, those things really do outweigh how much money you have. There are so many happy and fun/meaningful things that you can do for little or no money.

I hope you definitely do get to have that honeymoon one day! Never too late and oh how much fun!

I dont have a list (yet) but I would really, really, really like to have a little girl someday. Just one, thats plenty for me. But something that I definitely want one day.

Marc

2:21 PM  
Blogger dr. psy said...

Oh, and also I would like to do something in regards to helping with the heroin addiction problem.


Marc

2:24 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I can understand why you don't buy into it. Right now I have more money than I have ever had in my life, but am not happy at all.

2:58 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

My life list is quite simple Dear Miss Katie.

It's to be at peace.

Thats it.

I find having expectations of myself and maybe not living up to what I think I want or need is just as depressing for myself as adding them to a very long list that is in my head. Finding inner peace and peace in my life....everything else will then fall into place. OR so I hope.

and #14? You and Chad are good people with good hearts-your children will learn by example so I think they're gonna be ok.

5:46 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

this is a fantastic list kate and absolutely accomplishable! i'm sure you'll have them checked off in no time!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

That's a great list, Katie.
If I was a little closer (geographically) I could help you accomplish #1.
Maybe someday you'll do #3 and we could help complete #10?
There are tattoo parlors in #3, too!
I never had a honeymoon, either, and I've never been to Ireland - although I'd like to do both!

7:06 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

so if i move to ireland italy or russia do i stand a better chance of meeting you? :)

i would like to have a honeymoon too...although we've been married 12 years so what's the point now?!
:)

2:46 AM  
Blogger Jericho said...

I am making my list... and have been for about a year. I always have been wary of narrowing my list, though. Time, however, has brought a better understanding of who I am, what I want and need. My list has changed...
Thanks for this post. I will post my list soon...

8:40 AM  
Blogger Buzz said...

Tattoos are over-rated. I'll post my goals on my blog later today. Good topic!

11:16 AM  
Blogger ysfb said...

My number one goal in my life is to be an artist. I always liked drawing but really didn't focus on it as being a career. Perhaps I can do it as a major side hobby.

2:01 PM  
Blogger BRAE said...

Something to think about. I am going to work on my list now.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

KimmyK: Thank you....and yes to many expectations can led to dissapointment....man do I know that!!

Anthony: #1 would be a challenge for you as well if you were closer as I am not the easiest person to teach!!!

Glo: Yeah and if I win the lottery!!

YSB: You should talk to my sister...[rocketfuel linked at righr]...she majored in art, and she's had a showing and stuff so I guess you could say she's an artist....

2:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Great list girl. It's good to have goals and dreams..keeps everything moving forward.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My list is very similar. I really hope you succeed at yours!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home