Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Still...


It’s been ten years. I can’t believe it, still affects me, still think about it everyday. Still haunts me, Still grateful for what wasn’t. Still jump when I think I see…… Still waiting to feel safe, safe finally safe.

Ten years ago I wrote this to make since of it. I may never be able to do that, but it helped……

Eyes
It's like I'm that fourteen year old girl naive and innocent.

I've never grown up.
Time stopped at the violence you imposed.
Some say I've changed I've just grown inside myself.
I've seen the anger of the world through you eyes.
But I was not scared.
I just sat there knowing it wasn't your anger.
You said my eyes stopped you.
You said they reminded you of an angel's.
May you always see my eyes, the next time you think to harm another.

11 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

those are some powerful words.
i hope for your sake, you're able to let it go eventually.
you have such pretty eyes!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

wow

7:15 PM  
Blogger ysfb said...

Talking about it helps a lot. Your October 18 is my May 29. Things get better each year.

8:11 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Stay strong. Don't forget but don't let it hold you back in anything

9:02 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Such a pretty girl with beautiful eyes.

I don't know what prompted this post, but whatever it is-it's over and you survived it and look atcha now.

10:33 PM  
Blogger dr. psy said...

Wow. Thats pretty powerful!

Marc

2:25 AM  
Blogger CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good picture

11:02 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That was so emotional. Somethings stick with you forever -- boy do I understand that!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

You have the prettiest eyes....and they are the doorway to the soul. People often laugh at that..but i think it's true.

You're a very soulful person Katie!

12:55 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

scaramouche said it best.
remember it, ut down let it hold you back.

BTW- you *do* have gorgeous eyes! WOW!

:)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

wow, i guess i never realized how much that event really affected you. i'm sorry i never made the connection. if you ever need to talk about it or anything for that matter, please don't hesitate!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home