Saturday, June 24, 2006

O'Reily's and The UFC.....

UFC


The Rebuttal

This is a rebuttal to all the idiotic things O’Reily said in the video you just watched above.

1st: Ali was a boxer. Not a MMA fighter. Therefore you cannot compare the two. That would be like saying that football and hockey are the same.

2nd: Ali does not have Parkinson’s because he chose to be a boxer, boxing did not give him Parkinson’s. I’m pretty damn sure that most Parkinson’s patients were never boxers. Case in point, I feel fairly confident in the assumption that Michael J. Fox never boxed, so how did HE get the awful disease, Mr. O’Reily sir??

3rd: Concussions come with every sport. There are more concussions with high school football I’m sure. Hell I get one once a week at least from Levi throwing a fit and head-butting me in the nose!! I bet more concussions are seen in mothers of toddlers than the UFC!!!

4th: MMA IS safer than boxing for one reason, the refs. The ref can stop it at any time they feel the fighter cannot intelligently defend himself. Unlike boxing were as long as you can get back up before the count of eight, you go right back into the ring for more punches in the head!!! Most fights in the UFC are stopped before they are knocked unconscious.

5th: MMA is no more violent than say hockey or football. And every fighter I’ve ever met, my hubby included, have been the sweetest men, with big hearts and giving spirits. According to you it would be all right as long as they make enough money. But as Rich said, he does it because its his passion, it’s his sport. How lucky are these athletes that they can make a living doing their passion!! We all wish we could say that.

So Mr. O’Reily sir, MAYBE you should research a sport and know more about the rules BEFORE you go spouting off about it!!! And then, maybe just maybe, you wouldn’t look like a total idiot on national TV.

This concludes “The Rebuttal” portion on Good In Theory. Please tune in next week when I’m sure something or someone else will piss me off enough that I feel it warrants a rebuttal, from yours truly.

7 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

Were your ears ringing last night?

Jamie and I were talking about you and your hubby last night while watching UFC on TV in bed. Not that I know anything about you or your hubby or really about UFC but he was saying he wanted me to go watch it with him in Cleveland and I said "Kate's hubby goes to watch these things and Kate knows about all this stuff" and he said "Who the f**k is Kate?" So I had to tell him who you were and he rolled his eyes at me because we were even talking about bloggers as if they were our "real life" friends.
And I said "Hey you never know!"

Then we went to bed.

I'm gonna tell 'em ...."SEE! Kate knows UFC!"

9:50 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Kimmyk: I emailed you!! My response was WAY to long for here..as you;ll see!!LOL!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Since when did Bill O'Reilly allow facts to stand in the way of his opinion?

I no longer aggrivate myself by subjecting myself to his angry nonsense.

Sadly, he has built a career looking like an idiot on TV.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I didn't watch the video yet, but I can see by your rebuttal that it will be mighty entertaining!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I didn't watch the video yet, but I can see by your rebuttal that it will be mighty entertaining!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Anthony: I can't watch him either...I get all ralled up, but chad had to show this to me, and as I suspected...I got all ralled up!!

Blither: MMA stands for mixed martial arts. A Xanax might be helpful...can I have one?

4:50 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

I agree with Anthony, since when does Bill care about a little things called "facts"?

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home