Friday, June 16, 2006

The Moment.....

We all have them. The moments that stick with you. Memories so vivid in your mind that you just know the events had to effect you and the way you are. You know either help or contribute to all our issues. We all have those too. Now as I view this blog here at times, like therapy, I'm going to share with you some of my "moments" or memories if you will. Most aren't pretty, maybe than those who think I have issues will understand from where I stand. I'm also not going to elaborate on some of them as I feel I'm not ready for that, and quite frankly I need to not share EVERYTHING about my so called life, it would serve to bore you I'm sure. That being said if you would like "more of the story" so to speak, on something email me.... Cause if what I've been through can help someone else who's going through it now cope, than it would almost make going through it worth it.... And maybe that was the purpose all along.

Moment 1: When I was around ten years old, I can remember very distinctly my grandmother telling me this in her living room while she was watching me: "Katie dear you really need to start watching your weight, you don't want to continue to be chubby. When you grow up men won't like you." I remember like it was yesterday, after she said that her phone rang and she got up to answer it, and in my little girl of ten mind, I thought to myself with such vengeful rage, "cause your real thin...not"
Thus I feel defined my life long body issues and eating issues.

Moment 2: Age 15 became extremely sick... Doctor's didn't know what was wrong finally was sent to a neurologist and they discovered I had FM. Most patients with it are ladies 40 and above. My junior year I was tutored at home so I could go to physical therapy and because physically I couldn't get through a day at school. Friends who I thought were close I discovered through this were not... Save for one, (you know who you are my now Florida girl.) Needless to say I missed out on most of the things normal high school kids did. I didn;t go to dances no prom, no parties no after school activities. It's effected my life in everyway, from working to school to family to my goals..... Its a bitch.

Moment 3: When I realized that there our BAD people out there... And men who think they can get away with anything cause their stronger than us...Or so they think. Or people who think because I'm young I'm stupid and can try and put one over on me cause I won't know what to do about it. So for those who say I'm a bit too sarcastic and cynical know that its my defense... I realize that know....And because people have had a hand in making me that way.....

Moment 4: A vague sketchy memory I think to be around age 3 or 4...... At a neighbors house..... When I think back on my childhood, which I had a great one really, there are two memories that pop up always... The lovey thing my grandma said to me and this vague memory, that I'd rather not go into detail on.... Cause I'm not sure at this point what it means.

Moment 5: The birth of my twins, one of the happiest and scariest days of my life!! Hearing them cry for the first time, and then watching them rushed away, not to see them for 24 hours.... Being in recovery having blood pressure problems myself, and having the recovery nurse tell me NICU just called and they had to resuscitate my babies, but that they got them stable and they're on ventilators, cause their lungs weren't mature yet...... Me not able to go to them, to see them to hug them... Me their MOTHER.... Not being with them for 24 hours!!! Then seeing them for the first time, they were the smallest little things I'd ever seen, and being able to hold them for the first time a few days after that.... With tubes and IV's and nurses all around them.... But they were fighting... Just like they're Momma.

Moment 6: The moment I decided to stand up for myself, to speak my mind and to not bend over for people any more..... March 5th 2006....My 24th birthday. And I'm happy to report, I have. And in a way its freed me.

Moment 7: When you realize that you are who you are, and not what people want you to be or think you should be. And just because you're not what they think you should be does not make you a crazy person in need of being medicated!! lol..... It took me a while to get there.

So there you have it.... There were many to chose from but those are the ones I went with.... We all have those "moments". Its what you do about them that matters..... You can let them define you and your life, or you can view them as just what they were, moments....Memories. And yes some of those moments changed the course of our lives but that's to be expected.... You can't map out the course yourself. For our lives can change with every breath we take, and its that one breath that matters.





13 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I'm sorry, but I don't know what FM is :(

4:07 PM  
Blogger Larry and Steph said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Ian: FM stand for Fibromaglia... Theres a link to the foundation on the right.... It tells all about it.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

henry david: Thanks!! LOL... Don't worry when I met Chad he was just laid off back to living with hes parents, but he still got me!! Status means nothing with the right girl!! We marry first for love!! Hell we still rent, though we do have a 401K!! So I guess one for two isn't bad!! LOL ... Don;t ya love the comments from family??

10:05 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

I never had a grandma growing up...and hearing stories of the grandma I did have-I'm glad.

Having babies changes your life-I never knew how much I could love a stranger til the day I held my first one. What an amazing feeling...and an overwhelming scary one.....

Sorry to hear you have FM. That sucks. Chronic pain is not cool. Especially when you have two toddlers to keep occupied and happy.

"I want to do Is be more like me and be less like you"

THAT echoed in my ears all day since I heard it this morning.

Good tune!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Rant, rave, abuse and childishness! ;)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Thanks buddy!! It worked great!!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

moments by siv...
i really believe that moments as an adult really take you full circle and realize that moments as a child or teen had a meaning and purpose. i believe this more and more everyday. i wish that i could pull out EXACT moments like you were able to, but i just can't up until recently.

i remember that i was loved unconditionally and still am by my parents, grandparents, and sisters. later as i grew up, i gained friends and the love of those friends that will never die no matter how far apart we are or how old we get.

i remember my parents made so many sacrifices to keep my sisters and i happy and involved in the world. as teens it was school activities and sports. as young adults it was (and still is for the youngest) education. i can't thank my parents enough for all that they have given me. i have been truly blessed and even spoiled.

i remember staying up all night giggling and gossiping about boys and whatnot as a teen with a few good friends. don't forget clueless and chips and salsa!

i remember heartaches and heartbreaks from people i loved and it has made me stronger. they all served a purpose. i now realize it was part of the journey to guide me to the love of my life and future husband.

i remember my world being turned upside down (in a good way) and creating so many lasting moments once i met this special person. A new and special relationship, a move to florida, nearly 2 years of living together experience, support and encouragement to do the things i really wanted to, fun trips and adventures, a proposal that was out of this world to me, and so much more.

well, those are moments by siv and i feel i have been truly blessed.

10:28 AM  
Blogger mike said...

Eclipse
(Waters) 2:04

All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Blither: I totally feel ya girl!!

Mike: that was beautiful!! Thanks for sharing it!!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home