Monday, June 12, 2006

Girltalk.....the weekly survey.....

Ok you ladies... Well men can comment too, I just thought the gals would have more suggestions, if that's sexist I apologize!! Some questions a little survey of sorts....

1. What is your skin care regime, especially the face? I have oily break out prone skin that can be dry in spots. I've found that what use to work for me to keep my skin clear, now makes it burn and flake in spots. I use to have very good results with Proactiv solution, now this last time I bought it, its making my skin burn!! But I still breakout bad if I don't use an acne product.... Any suggestions ladies??

2. What shampoo do you all prefer? I'm also in a shampoo crisis... Maybe cause I'm getting older my hair and skin needs are changing, but as you can figure I'm in a product crisis. My hair is straight (poker straight) and soft and fine... Though I do have a lot of it. It gets VERY oily.... I have to wash it everyday no getting around that or else it looks like Crisco!! I've yet to find a shampoo that will help with the oiliness and the lack of volume and ummphf I desire. All the volumizing products I've tried just leave my hair stringy and dull, but differently NOT volumous! And do you have any secrets to getting your hair to hold the smell of you shampoo? Any suggestions Ladies??

3. Do you shower at night or in the morning? I normally shower in the morning due to my oily hair issue. Though I prefer to shower at night, making my mornings a little less hectic, but my hair sometimes is already oily by the time I get up and I go to bed with it wet!! You can imagine my flustration when I wake to damp yet oily hair!! How's that possible?? So when is the best time to shower??

4. What body wash and lotion do you use? My back is breakout prone as well, but not as bad as in high school.... I've found that tea tree satin soup has helped a lot, However I am VERY sensitive to things and while my skin can be oily it is also very dry and itchy.... Most fragrant lotions, like from Bath and Body Works, do make me itch. Any suggestions Ladies??

5. What brands of makeup do you like? What are the best for my skin type... I'm usually just a powder blush and mascara girl.... What are the best ones? Ladies??

That will conclude our weekly survey. Please help us and by us I mean ME, by answering and suggesting where you can! Thanks and have a wonderful night!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger BRAE said...

I love both of these brands.

www.origins.com

www.burtsbees.com

I wish I could tell you more but I don't really know much. I make my sister help me when it comes to that stuff.

4:55 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

I wash my face with Noxema [if I wash it with anything] and I use Arbonne nighttime moisturizer at bedtime. After I shower in the AM I use Mary Kay moisturizing lotion for dry skin.

I use different shampoos since having gastric bypass surgery my hair has fallen out quite a bit. I useta have really REALLY thick hair now it's normal and it's finally growing back where it had broken off. Right now I just wear it in a ponytail and let it go so it can rebuild itself. I useta wash it everyday now I wash it every other day. I use Loreal Vive Fresh Shine shampoo and conditioner and I love it. Actually my daughter she has oily hair and it works wonders on her hair-it looks really pretty now. Where before it looked oily by nightime. She can even use small amts. of the conditioner that's how well it works.

As far as showering night or day? I shower at night if I'm wanting sexed up. [LOL!] but usually in the AM.

Body wash? I use brown sugar and fig from bath and body works wash and lotion right now. Honey says he can still smell me still at 2 o'clock when he gets home from work and I leave at 6:30 in the morning.

Make up? I only wear burts bee chapstick and Mary Kay mascara and eyeliner. I'm not one for make up. I dont have time for all that fussin.

Hope that helps. Try that shampoo-Abbie's hair looks really healthy now using it.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

OK....I have oily T zone but dry everywhere else...so it's tough.

I use proactive everyday but lighten a bit during winter as my skin gets dry.I then use Eucerin spf 30 lotion on my eyes eyerytime I go outside..or at least once in the morning. I scored a sample of La Mer cream too...been using that and it's amazing but at 200$ a bottle...it better fucking be amazing.

I ripped off Brae's Victoria's Secret shampoo/conditioner idea...love it, i wash my hair every other day as it can get oily.

I shower at night and sometimes night/day in the summer.I use bar and liquid soap but my body is not acne prone.

Make-up...I use allot of stuff. For more affordable stuff I like Covergirl and almay. When I go for the good stuff i like Benefit for Mascara, eye shadow and glimmers. Mac lipsticks and concealers,clinique powders and Urban decay gloss. I'm a weirdo.

Daily wear for me is concealer and blush...the end. I'll turn it up for shoots and nights out on the town...but i hate wearing make-up for a long period and of and REFUSE to sleep in it...yuck.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Kimmyk: I'll have to give your shampoo I try!! You had gastric bypass? I didn't know that... Strong chickie!!

Trojan: What Victoria Secret shampoo? Is the conditioner seperate or is it an all in one thing? I LOVE Mac stuff!! I also like Smashbox glosses... but pricey! Do you use Proactiv twice a day or just once? I've been using it twice a day, is that too much, could that be causing the burning?

8:55 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

It's just shampoo and seperate conditioner you buy there...at victoria's secret...just smells yummy.

I use proactive twice...but my skin type sounds different than yours...plus climate is a factor. OH and TX are vastly different. I used to line in Cleveland..many moons ago. TX is another animal...

9:30 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

I realize i am no help, but it was fun to answer the survey anyways.

1. Proactiv
2. Head and Shoulders
3. Morning.
4. Irish Spring
5. Clinique.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

glo-girl: thanks!! That does help... I didn't know so many used proactiv!! I thought i was the only one!! Which type of head and shoulders do you use?

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok... that's a lot of questions to answer, but here goes...

1. i use velocity face wash and facial lotion by mary kay and also the acne treatment gel by mary kay for those troublesome little breakouts i have. my skin is often too oily in the summer to really use the lotion, but if my skin is feeling tight i just go ahead anyways.

2.i like to mix things up as far as my shampoo goes. i have found that my hair doesn't react to the same product for an extended period of time. i get a different brand EVERY time i buy my shampoo... the vive products, herbal essence, suave, whatever. i would definitely suggest sticking with a product that's for oily hair. just by reducing the oil it should help to make your hair more volumous.

3. when i shower really depends on the day... especially here and ESPECIALLY in the summer. sometimes i do both morning and night. i agree i like less fuss in the morning, but usually with me, since i really don't have to be anywhere until late afternoon, i shower as needed.

4. this one i also switch up. i'm lucky to not have sensitive skin to really need to worry. i just pick something on sale and that smells nice. i've really enjoyed the milk and honey types... keeps the skin soft! as far as the breakouts, try using your facial cleasner on your neck, chest and shoulders. i use mine like that everytime i wash my face (i do this in the shower rather than at the sink obviously).

5. again mostly mary kay products. i love them and they are good. they're a bit pricey, but i feel worth it if you find something that you really like and that works for you.

well, sorry it was so long, but i hope i helped. good luck

11:32 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Tea tree oil is good for oily skin (sounds backwards, but it works); also, Burt's Bees tomato toner.

Try Victoria's secret shampoo for oily hair - mine only does it in the summer. Plus it smells yummy for a LONG time after (it survived LJs in the smoking days!)

If you find something for chest/back/shoulders, let me know - I think I've tried everything - this only happens to me in the summer, when I want to show those parts. Damn it!!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Bone Sucker: I've discovered tea tree products, they were working well for a while and then I started breaking out bad again so I got proactiv again, we'll see. I do like Jason's tee trea satin body soap... That has help my back alot....and tea tree lotion rubbed on my back and shoulders has helped too... maybe it would work for you?

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

BurtsBees and Aveeno products are great, especially for sensitive skin like mine!

Sounds like I have similar hair to yours, though mine is colored. I've been in love with L'Oreal Vive for colored hair (bright red bottle), but who knows what I'll find here in Korea when that runs out! I think mine might be less oily, but I have to wash it everyday too and I find anything too 'chemically' or 'perfumy' makes the skin on my scalp a complete disaster.

On your own for makeup...I don't touch the stuff!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home