Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Uhhh....OOWW.......

Ok so last night I burned the shit out of my hand!!! My right hand to boot...I'm right handed... I burned it on a cookie sheet taking taco shells out of the oven, on the inside of the palm on the bottom. I have two big imprints of the edge of the cookie sheet. I'll have to think of a rockin story to tell the boys when they're older how I got the scar. Something to the effect of "I got it while shark fishing in the deep Atlantic". Ya gotta have a cool story not some lame cookie sheet one!! So now I have this big piece of gauze over my hand...Real attractive!!

Switching subjects.......

Ok I do not understand the cult like following of 80"s hairbands.... Background info.... See Chad and I are 7 years apart. So when he graduated high school I was like in the sixth grade. Not a big deal now, however we grew up on different music and movies. So back to the hair band thing..... He loves 80's hairbands and reveres them as "classics"... I just don't get it. That and the "Prince" following. He has that one too left over from the 80's!! Agghh I just can't take it. He's always like "See what ya missed out on?" Ummm yeah no. So when VH1 does that 100 greatest hairbands countdown thing he always has to watch it..... It's torture. I grew up (I'm still growing up) in the alternative movement and of course the whole Britney phase during highschool which I deny ever getting caught up in....... Just a little bit of a generation gap there!!

So I was reading this morning in one of my magazines that experts have found more of a risk of blood clots in relation to the use of the birth control patch. Don't ya just love when they come out with information like that after its already on the market, and thousands of women use it? Isn't that what all those test and trials are for the FDA??? Apparently it has like 60% more estrogen than the pill increasing the risk of bloodclots, strokes, and heart attacks..... Great thanks for that information!! I'm sure that put the minds of all the women who use it at ease!!!

Switch again......

I took some really cute pictures of the twins getting their bath last night I'll try and post them later..... They're just growing way too fast.... Where does the time go?

Peace~~~~


10 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

How can you notlove the Hairbands???? I love 80's music! It...well...rocks!

3:17 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I think I created my own music generation gap. Even as a kid all I wanted to do was listen to Elvis when all my friends were listening to Flock of Seagulls.

I have two oven scars on my left arm - same way of getting them, except mine were from the tray. I like to pretend I was wrestling a tiger haha

4:35 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Stacy: Ummm maybe if I grew up with them I'd love them too...keep rockin girl!!

Ian: Flock a who??? I do however LOVE Elvis...

8:50 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Mos... thats a really good one! I can be adventrous and heroic in that story......

10:38 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kate...Girl what part of Ohio do you live in? I used to live in Bay Village-Cleveland area.

Hair bands...Well the music rocked but the fashion..it was scary and facinating at the same time. I look back at what I was wearing and my old hair styles..HOLY CRAP..that is all I can or will say.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Hi Trojan!! I live in Louisville its right outside Canton.... What took you to Austin? I'm sure boring Ohio had nothing to do with it...lol....

Yeah I saw pictures of Chad and he's friends in the 80's and WOW is about right.....

10:15 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

For real man... I wonder how many cans of AquaNet were used during the 80's??

4:15 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I was only there a couple years, my dad was a Doctor for the Air Force/Navy....I was born in TX and always came back here. :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Lucky you... it gets kinda boring around here... Of course we're not in a big city so that could factor into it!!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Oh, to read the thoughts of the younger generations. 60's, 70's, 80's,---they all had their pro's and con's (of course Elvis is loved by every generation). Haribands, bell bottoms, tie-dye, platform shoes, it all has a life cycle and comes back around possibly slightly modified or moderinized, but it all comes back around. And the scars, tell those boys it was from the cookie sheet...it's ok, they'll love you as their Mom...that alone makes you their hero girl!

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home