Sunday, April 16, 2006

Had A Little Inspiration........

I had a little inspiration to share something with you all today from one of my new blogger friends. I was reading Trojan's post earlier today and it got me thinking about a poem a wrote in high school. It's not like Pulitzer material or anything, but at the time I wrote it I was going through some body image shit that was and is a long road for me......

" Portrait of a Beauty"

Wild hair and painted faces.

Wirery bodies wasted away to nothing.

Drugs devouring their flesh and souls.

Teeth stained with yellow tar.

Walking with the confidence of a star.

People stare and gawk, For this is Beauty...............


To all the young girls out there, remember its the size of your heart not your dress, that matters....... And what all those really skinny waif like girls in Hollywood really need is a sandwich..... Or twelve!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

I like that poem. Mine suck, but I enjoy writing anyway.

I have a 12 year old daughter that has just started worrying about how she looks. Gawd. I resent the media telling her how she should look. Beauty is so..multidimensional that it can't be captured with a mere photograph or video image. I wish more people that I know understood this.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I really enjoyed the poem!!!!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

thanks guys!! And Mike surround your duaghter with all images of beauty..... 12 is a hard age and the media really doesn;t help!!

11:36 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Very good poem :)

Mike's right too. There is so much more to beauty than outward appearance. It's sad that most of the world won't accept that.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home