Thursday, April 13, 2006

Do we even have logic?.......

Ok so I got to thinking today how even our US government does not have logic, hear me out if you will...... Ok first thing that is backwards in my opinion, Homosexuals can not get married in the Untied States, however the can legally adopt a child together, is that not backwards and if you say its legal for them to adopt together than how can you then turn around and say its illegal to get married? Though I'm not siding either way I'm being Switzerland on this topic because the last time I voiced my opinion on it it cause a big ole ruffling of feathers!!

Next on the discussion block is the separation of church and state..... How can you say that because of the constitution we must take prayer out of public schools and all and teach evolution because you can't mix church and state, but then give all the religious holidays off and observe them as federal holidays?? This is just very confusing to me..... If the government has to separate church and state then Christmas should not be a federally observed holiday, though I'd be pissed if I had to work on Christmas, I'm just trying to make a point here people. And the point is that it seems to me that at times, our Government has no logic..... Or at the very least talks itself in circles.

As in the laws surrounding abortion..... If persay you kill a women who is pregnant, you are now going to be persecuted for two murders, the killing of the women and the killing of the unborn child. However you can kill an unborn child via abortion and nothing happens to you that's not a crime because its "just a fetus". Ok how can you view it as a fetus in one instance and an unborn child in another? I will voice my opinion on this one.... In both instances it's murder!! Gee wonder how I really feel about that one?? Anyone.... Anyone??

Just a few things I got to thinking about today.....What do you all think?

6 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Interesting points in all of them, with the double standards. It's good you voiced your opinion too. I personally do not agree with you that abortion is murder, but as you say, we all have our own views :)

3:08 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Ian.... Different views is what makes life interesting... I appreciate everyones opinions and like being able to discuss them...

8:18 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I am pro-choice within the first few weeks...always been my stance.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Trojan: I can respect that....

12:56 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Honestly i respect everyone's opinions, it's when people blow up clicis and kill doctors that I start to question things.

Personally..i hope to NEVER have to make that choice...it would destroy me.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Trojan: I feel ya girl... Yeah you have to wonder what point their making by blowing up a clinic and possibly killing others doesn't bode well for their cause!! lol...

Its a hard decision to make.....

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home