Thursday, March 09, 2006

To Clarify...........

I feel I need to clarify my last post as I feel some people have taken it the wrong way to make it sound as though I was feeling sorry for my self......This is not the case. I was simply trying to point out the social double standard there is concerning moms and dads. Maybe this will drive my social general point a little better..... A thought if you will........ A father can go on a weekend trip and no big deal there's nothing extra to plan and noone thinks it odd..... The mother could never do this! A little personal antidote to make my point. Chad has gone to Atlantic city twice to the UFC fights and to Columbus a few times for fights and tournaments......Which is great I was totally supportive of it cause he loves it SO much and seeing UFC live is a great thing most never get to see. However if I were to say I was going to Columbus for the day or weekend to visit my sister.....The first thing out of people's mouths would be...."What about Chad?".....They never said "What about Kate?" when chad said he was going. Its the social double standard of mothers and fathers. I spent one Saturday afternoon away when my sister was up visiting and my dad was all worried about me not going home to eat with Chad and that he'd been with the kids all day! Which he loved and had taken pictures of them and had a great bonding day........ It made me feel like "What? What do you think I do everyday?" (Though I'm sure my dad didn't mean it to upset me or that i shouldn't of taken the afternoon it was just how it came out and I'm sure how I took it... given I'm touchy on the subject as you can see.) I'm not gonna feel bad about one half day out. I rest my case......... And send all the respect out there to husbands like my dear one who don't abide by the double standard and who thinks my getting away for a week end a great idea!! I love you Honey, don't doubt that, I'm just trying to get society to change how they view things!!

until next time................ Peace~~~~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home