Friday, August 04, 2006

The News...Or Lack There Of..

The saying that good things come to those who wait….Better be true. We found out last night that what Chad and I did that we’re excited to hear if it is to be, so to speak, is going to take 3-4 weeks to hear anything!! So hopefully it will turn out “good” news after waiting so long.

We should hear about Carter and Levi’s blood by the middle of next week. They did awesome yesterday. Carter didn’t even cry!! Rendering me to remark to Chad, “Look honey how good he did, he didn’t even need to be laid down with a pillow and given orange juice!!”…. Which I got a “Yeah Yeah…” back. Levi was more like his father, but he still did well.

Now I have a question to ask. The other night I was IM-ing with Trojan and Chad was on the phone and said “oh Kate’s talking with one of her girlfriends on the computer”. Now I ask you all do you refer to your friends who are girls as girlfriends?? Is this a generation gap or something? Every time he says that I’m like “Wha??”

I have never referred to my girl … friends…. As girlfriends. But he does and most of his buddies do as well. So it got me thinking that maybe its just one of those things that his generation does and mine doesn’t.
Anyone??

9 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Try referring to Chad's buddies as his boyfriends, and see what kind of reaction you get.

7:48 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

I don't have alot of friends and I only talk to a handful on the phone so he just calls them by name.

Sorry I can't help. But Anthony makes a very funny and good point.

8:32 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I would never say girlfriends. Friends only. Even if it was girlfriends ;)

11:54 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

I never did in the states, but here it's a very common expression so I've picked it up.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I have always said "girlfriends"never thought twice about it...but my grandma always said that too.....i dunno

12:33 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I say it occasionally. It seems to be a pretty common saying. I don't really think much about it.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Kimmyk: Me either..The last person I talked to on the phone besides Chad and my mom and dad was you!!!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

I use the term "girlfriends" but not often. I wouldn't really think twice about it.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i occasionally use that term, but usually refer to the person(s) by name, or say "(one of) the girls"... but my grandparents ALWAYS used it and most of my aunts and uncles. i think with our generation knowing and accepting gays more and more, we tend to not say "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" unless we are truly in a relationship with that person that is MORE THAN JUST FRIENDS.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home