Monday, August 14, 2006

Last Night....

I needed some tape, The boys’ 2 year pictures came in and I needed some tape to fit my 11x14 in the matt and frame I have.

Three rooms, 5 drawers, and 35 minutes later I finally found said tape.

During my frenzied tape hunt I came across an old fashion scrapbook of mine from my senior year of high school. I used to cut out things I liked in fashion magazines and paste them in this book. For the outside of the notebook there are clear sleeves that I made collages and put in them.

I had to giggle to myself…On the back there was a little thing I cut out and put above the name “Kate” I found. It said…..

“I’m not who you think I am, I’m who I know I am”……

Guess I should of learned the first time. Why does it always take us getting screwed more than once before we finally learn? Or maybe I just need to grow a little through life before I could see what others were trying to get me to see.


There's a saying that says... Knowledge comes with age. Does it? Or did we have it right back then but failed to listen to ourselves??


5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Very cool! I used to love doing that too. I had a graphic design project where we had to make a book doing a similar thing for the alphabet. It was so much fun!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

God, those pictures bring back memories!!!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

Great quote and something I knew and had to relearn myself. I'm going to add that to my book of collected quotes, if you don't mind!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember those! remember the gorgeous blondes' adventures and our days of cutting up modern bride mags in library too? those were such fun, silly days!

12:53 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

I think we *think* we know more than we actually do.

I am SO glad I am out of that phase!! SHit, I'll be 30 in a month and I *still* don't know HALF the shit I thought I did at 20!!

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home