Monday, July 03, 2006

Updaten' Ya.........

I thought I’d update a little. The boys had their two-year check up and they’re right on track. We take them this month to have their blood taken again, we’re hoping the third time is a charm, and their levels will be in the normal range. If they’re not normal by fall the doctors said they still might do the blood infusions to help them through the winter. So think “levels up”.

My blogger buddy
Ian is putting together a book and asked us if we wanted to to submit apiece. The deadline is July 31st……. Pressure Pressure!! I finally started working on it last night and I think I now know where I’m going with it. I just have to complete it on time!! I’ve never been asked to be involved in anything like this before and I’m way stoked! Side note to Ian: It’s the 31st U.S. time not Aussi time!! LOL…. Don’t cheat me a day!!

July 22nd Chad and I are headed to Columbus. I’m going to shop with my sister and check out her gallery she has this month, and Chad’s competing in the NAGA jui-jitsu competition. And I’m also going to meet up with my other bloggin’ buddy
KimmyK…. I’m soooo excited!! A little nervous as well as it the first time I’ll be so far away from the boys and overnight… I REALLY need the break though, just a little antsy!!

One last thing: As some of you may have noticed I now have an Amazon search box and button on the right sidebar. Every time you use it to get to Amazon through my site and then purchase something I get a tiny referral fee. I have it set up that it will go into an account for the boys’ education. First stop? Preschool!! You’d be shocked at what they charge for preschool now a days, of course times it by two! Figure when they’re ready in a year I’ll be able to pay for their first month…LOL. I’d appreciate it. I don’t know about anyone else but I do most my shopping on line its so much easier with the twins. Now if you could buy groceries on line I’d be set!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Haha but of course. Just for you we'll make the deadline 31st EST :)

I'm easy, you know me. Just whenever!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Ian: thanks buddy!!! Aww does Summer know you're that easy? LOL...

Blither: WOW!! Yes Please remember to go through my site!! That would help us out soooo much!!! The boys would be grateful! For the book I'm working on a piece alot like a post..... I just started it so we'll see where I end up with it!! I know pressure huh?

5:57 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

I'll think good positive bloody thoughts for you boys! [you know I say that in THE most positive manner!]

I'm excited about meeting you too! Let the countdown begin!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for Ian myself. I can't write anything "new" because I'm stressed about it...LOL, so he's getting an older post to publish. I think it's pretty neat to be included in something so permanent.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Glad the boys are doing so well...whew, one less thing to stress about. I will go thru your site if i purchase babydoll:)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

KimmyK: I feel ya!! As soon as I said i'd do it, the block in my brain hit!! Major writters block.... But last night I got an idea and I think I;m going to run with it...... I LOVE all your post!! I really like the one where you writ about having sexual ADD!!

Trojan: Thanks!! Whats Babydoll?

10:43 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Shopping online is such a help!! You'll appriciate it a lot more when they are too big for strollers. They tend to run in opposite directions when shopping - fun stuff!!

We were able to get aid for preschool through the city's educational board. Mother of twins club members can also receive discounts in certain schools. Preschool helped the girls so much with their social skills.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

it's you silly....a nickname

10:48 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

i forgot a comma

10:48 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Trojan: awww I like it!! Sorry I'm on alot of asthma meds right now and a little loopy...can ya tell??

11:02 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

A few places, back in "the day", tried the on-line grocery thing, but they couldn't make any money at it because shipping heavy items ate up their profits.

One local supermarket here offers on-line shopping and delivery for a small fee. OR, you can order the stuff on-line and arrange a pick up time, so you don't have to waddle through the store and put up with Americana. I haven't tried it, but it seems like a good idea.

Got any Acme Markets in your area?

3:11 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I don't think Summer cares any more whether I am or not

4:26 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

OK ... I tried out the Amazon gig. I started with a search for "Gomez" in your search window. I bought their latest CD. Saw them open for Dave Matthews last week and they were pretty good.

Let me know if you get anything from Amazon.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

Just dropped by to check out your blog. I totally spaced on the deadline for the book. Thanks for the reminder! Now I just have to think of something to say.....

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home