Friday, June 30, 2006

Safest Place On Earth......

Seems to me that this is something parks should disclose in their brochures!! And doesn't 9 deaths in the last three years seem a bit high to you to never of heard anything about them till now?? Makes me wonder the stats of other parks....Wonder how you find them? Who am I kidding their probably under lock in key being guarded by secret service.....Cause ya know if stuff like that got out, they might ***gasp*** lose money!!! Heaven forbid!! Yes its much better to keep the public in the dark about those things....You wouldn't want to upset the public with such stats, besides I'm sure your park had nothing to do with the cause of any of the deaths, "So keep buying overly priced tickets to all the parks, ladies and gentlemen, its the safest place on earth!!"

11 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

I don't know if this will make you feel any better:

The 12-year-old boy who died after riding a Walt Disney World roller coaster had a congenital heart defect, an autopsy found Friday, and an inspection of the ride found no mechanical problems.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

And I know this will not make you feel better:

http://www.rideaccidents.com/

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Anthony: Oh the parents said in the article that he was healthy.... Well sad for them but at least it wasn't the ride.... I'm going to check out the link now......i'm scared, is it bad?

6:58 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

I don’t do amusement parks at all. They all scare me.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

9 deaths in a year does sound high...i love rides though. Disneyland/world are my favorites. Roller coster heaven

11:02 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

I always LOVED going to Ceder Point!!! I watched a thing ont he travel channel that did a count down of the worlds greatest parks...a Ceder Point was number one!!!

11:13 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Yep, too high. So is $9, come to think of it!

8:22 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Ok, I have no idea where I imagined you wrote that it costs $9 to get in. Can I plead jetlag as an excuse?

8:23 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

When we were at Cedar Point last week I worried about that all the time. "Did they double check the kids?" I was freaked out every ride.

How sad for that lil boys parents....

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Ian: It's ok buddy...**pat on head** Go take a little nap!!

Kimmyk: I know I'm worrier about stuff like that too!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Kala said...

the last ride I did was the tower of terror in Disney world and that terrified me enough not to ride anymore hehe - but I think someone also died in that? hmmmm

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home