Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Plight of the Mother Bee...

So this weekend is our Columbus trip. I'm excited to go and really need the break, but Chad found out last night that he might not even be competing till nine at night!! Makes for a really late night coming back and for a really long weekend away.

See I've never been away from the boys over night (except when chad and i had the flu and mom came and took them out of our germ filled abode, but i was to delirious to care). I really need the break, all mothers need time away at some point, and I'm really excited to see my sister and to meet KimmyK...... But this ball in my stomach keeps bouncing around when I think about being away THAT long and THAT far away.

Talk some since into me people!!!!! Tell me things like "they'll be fine"..."It will be good for both you and the kids to have a break from each other"...... "Your Mother in law will be fine with them ALL weekend"......

I WANT a break know I NEED a break, so why is this buggin' at me?? Is it some sort of mom gene? I should feel good about it not anxious and conviced something bad is goning to happen..... Arrrggg.

We were concerned that he's parents would take them to see he's sister, but we thought, "Naw why would they do that, they know how we feel about that?" Today Chad's dad called and said they didn't want to go behind our backs so they would ask first..."Can we take them to your sisters?" Chad told them No. (We have this thing, If you can't be concerned about them and ask about them when their fighting for their life, than you can't participate in their life when their winning the fight. ) If that makes us the bad guys so be it, their our children and we must do what's best for them.

So I'm trusting them that they will head Chad's wishes on that.... And I'm writing everything out for them and leaving Dr.'s numbers and all....So what's the problem, why this ball in my gut!!!!

Help me people!!! Talk some since into me!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I'm not a mother so it's hard to relate completely but everyone needs a break once in a while, everyone. No matter what your situation is....ya need a change of pace and some quiet time.

Do this for yourself...it will be tough but good for you.

7:48 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Finding time for yourself/yourselves is the key to sanity.

Are you worried that you might realize that the kids will be fine without you? Getting over that worry is another key to life. To be able to leave for a while and trust that they will be okay (it's a gradual process of nature, breaking you in for when they are pre-teens ;-)is another.

They'll be fine. And you'll be recharged and thus better off as well.

I speak not as a mom but as a parent.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

The kids do not have ability to remember anything besides the short term, so anything that isn't bad for them will be remembered fondly.

Only you will remember the angst.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i may not be the most qualified person to talk on this subject seeing as how i do not have kids of my own. however, i do know from seeing others and hearing stories of my mom and my grandma, it's hard to let go. you created these magnificent beings, you have nurtured them from conception and have not truly been away from them for nearly 3 years (if you count from conception). i know that it's hard enough for me to deal when my fiance and i are spending nights apart, but kids... that's a whole nother story. i'm not saying that NOTHING will go wrong and i'm not saying that EVERYTHING will go wrong either. what i'm saying is that the anxiety you feel is "normal" mother behavior. take a leap of FAITH and enjoy your time apart... time for you and chad... remember those days of just the two of you?
if anything should go wrong you know that the family would call to let you know and people are often more careful with OTHER peoples kids. so they will be perfectly fine! take a deep breath and go. and if you feel overly anxious and need someone to talk to... call me!

12:44 AM  
Blogger BRAE said...

Forget about want you need, your kids need the break from you. I know that sounds harsh but they do. Yes even at two kids need a break from there parents. I really believe that helps them to grow and develop faster. It is a change of pace and gets there mind going more then when they are at home and know what to expect.
My daughter has been leaving for the WHOLE summer since she was 4 years old and she is 10 now. Yes I miss her and she misses me but she has had more adventures at the different families places then I ever did as a kid. Plus it is worth the one of two responses you get when you pick them up. They will either all hugs a giggles when they see you or they will throw a fit because they don't want to leave. Both are great, one is you were on there mind and the other means they are learning some independence from you. It is a win, win type of deal. Hope this helps, just the way I see it.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I can't speak from child-rearing experience, but everyone needs a break every now and then! I'm actually going to be in Colombus next weekend! Weird timing...

2:45 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I totally understand how you feel but GET OUT!!! Have some you time - trust me.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home