Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Expensive America....

Today I had to take Carter to the doctor, because he's been running a fever since Sunday.... Turns out he has a double ear infection. I was out of the house for an hour and a half, and the experience cost me 83.00!!!!

First I had to stop and get some gas: I put 20$ in and that gave me 5 gallons....Good thing I didn't have anywhere else go!!

Then I had to pay my copay at the doctors office: Now even though they take 300$ a month out of Chad's check for health insurance I STILL had to pay a 40$ copay... To that I say WTF??

Then on to the pharmacy to pick up Carters antibiotic: Now we pay 50.00 a month for prescription coverage, but I still had to pay 23$ for the same antibiotic that not five months ago I only paid 19$ for Levi to have.....Guess the price went up, and you can guess who pays for the increase, of course not the insurance company that would be to pricey for them!!

So there you have it.... I do not know how anyone makes it today.

We as a county are seriously heading towards another Depression. Chad makes what use to be thought of as a decent amount, not in this economy. And with daycare prices being upwards of 1200.00 I can't AFFORD to work to help out with the bills or to be able to afford a bigger duplex or even **gasp** a house.....

With mom's not being able to afford daycare so they can try and help the family pot and prices going higher and higher....We are for real....

Headed towards a DEPRESSION!!!! God help us all.

7 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

Yeah. It's getting to be do it yourself these days.

"Hey, Sami. Does your tooth still hurt."
"What?" she looks up in alarm.
I pull a pair of pliers out of the utility drawer.
"It doesn't hurt anymore Daddy!" she tells me with a panicked look.
"Are you sure?" I ask as I pour alcohol over the pliers.
"Yes! I'm sure!" screaming and running out of the front door.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

sounds like we were on similar wavelengths today - between both of our posts, the world is doomed!

When I figure out where the money goes, i'll let you know. it seems to disappear.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Yikes...ear infection..ouchie. Poor kiddo...

Yep, things are fucking expensive these days, raising kids makes you poor but then they can become successful lawyers and doctors and take care of mom and dad:)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

There must be some positives to this whole breeding thing, right?!?!?!

11:24 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

it's sad. when i plan to do anything that isn't right across the street-i have to plan on everything i can do in that area. go to the grocery store, stop here or there...etc...just so i don't have to make two trips and waste gas. it's sad. i find myself sitting at work trying to suck overtime so that my overtime check will somehow compensate everything else i've had to chuck out there. it sucks living paycheck to paycheck.

6:05 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Oh yeah. Sorry your little guy is sick.

Double whammy ear infections are horrible to deal with, but did he like the pink stuff??? that's what my kids always called thier antibiotics...the pink stuff. and they loved it! hope he gets to feelin better!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

My partner and I have been talking about this very thing. My biological clock is starting to tick, but I just can't see how we could make it on his salary or pay for daycare if I still worked. Whenever anybody asks me about kids, I just simply state "I can't afford it." I feel for you.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home