Monday, March 13, 2006

Mail From The Man Whose Always In My Corner.....

So In response to yesterdays blog I received an email from my dad or as I still like to call him ....Daddy. This is one of the many reasons I'm lucky and need to be reminded of from time to time..... He's always been there for me, is always in my corner, and has always loved me no matter what. Here is the email he sent me hope it touches you the way it did me............. I love you daddy thanks for everything.......................

Katie,

I know I'm your Dad, and you think I'm biased, but I read your blog, and I have something to say. First I hope I not part of the tired problem(if I am please let me know), I know I have trouble not being Dad, but I hope you know that I love you very much and I know I worry about youtoo much. I think it's part of my genetics (grand-ma W.). All that aside, I want you to know how proud I am of youaccomplishments. Your a great Mother, a good wife, accountant,homemaker, sister, and Daughter. When I read your I'm tired blog, I understood and related t a lot ofit. Take heart, you are grown up, you have experienced more in your 24years than some have in their lifetime.There is a saying I like "don't let the bastards wear you down". I like it because it helps my attitude, and helps me keep others in perspective. You have a great family, and if all the things you dreamed of come to you or not, take pride in the fact that you are loved by your husband, children, and family. There are people that gain everything, but have nothing, and people who gain nothing but have everything. Attached is a poem that I have on my desk at work. Read it, I hope youfind it helpfull. Be strong, fight the good fight, never give up, and know you are loved.
Love, Dad

The longer I live
The more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important than the past,
Than education,
Than money,
Than circumstances,
Than failures,
Than success,
Than what other people think or say or do.
It is more important than appearance,
Giftedness or skill.
It will make or break an organization,
A school, a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day
Regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
We cannot change our past.
We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do
Is play the string we have.
And that is our attitude.
I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me> And 90 percent how I react to it.
And so it is with you.

--- By Charles Swindell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home