Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Attack...

Woke up this morning and had a panic attack.

Got up thinking that walking around would help.

Went to the bathroom, came out stood in the hallway and passed out.

I was worried I scared the boys, but Chad said they just went running to him saying, “mommy uh-o!”

They helped me up took me to the couch and Levi covered me up with a blanket.

Had another attack.

Chad gave me one of my pills and said he’d stay home with the boys so I could take it and go to sleep.

Spent the rest of the day in bed in out of consciousness.

The boys were sweet Chad was even sweeter.

I just wish these would go away.

Hard to think about doing things with my life when I’m scared one of these is going to hit me.

Around strangers or else people we don’t want knowing.

Those who don’t take the time to understand, Judge.

8 Comments:

Blogger dr. psy said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Anxiety attacks are becoming very common these days. Our society has gotten so fast paced and out of control. Add to that the additional problems of sickness in the family and it's no wonder they are so common. I'm very glad that you have medication to help you through those times. Take it easy.

8:46 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

You're strong and you'll control them... and I know you won't let them stop you from doing what you dream of :)

3:31 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh honey. i'm sorry. i didn't know they were that bad. have you tried doing some deep breathing/yoga exercises? i've heard that helps sometimes with these things. helps calm the mind and body. i hope you get better!

11:30 AM  
Blogger ... said...

My sister has them too, not as drastic as yours (no passing out) but they are still debilitating (sp?).

It is weird how anxiety manifests itself...I wish there was an easy fix for it.

12:03 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Holy dyin' Kate! WTF!! I have never heard of anyone waking to a panic attack then it being so severe they pass out. I'm glad Chad was home with you when it hit. Did you have a bad dream or what?

How's the boys doing now? Have they had another session? Is that what's causing you to worry? If you need something, please let me know. I'll be worried aboutcha now. (more than usual, I mean)

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

You have so much going on and your body is screaming at you.

People don't get it and they do judge but that's something that's wrong with them. You know that.

Hugs sweetie.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Katie....Usually a panic attack won't result in you passing out as i am prone to them too. There may be another condition to look into...it just raises all kinds of red flags in my head.

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this on top of all the other crap..stress is such a bitch. Grrrrrr

Feel better soon!

3:47 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

i'm sorry you have to go through these kate...it seems like an awfully scary/nerve wracking experience...ironic since it's coming from a panic attack to begin with.

i have you in my thoughts
xoxoxo

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home