Friday, September 01, 2006

Did you ever wish you didn’t know any better?

There are times that I feel I’d have a lot less stress if I didn’t know to “know any better”.

Let me explain.

For instance, there are people that never stress about the bills. What they do is buy whatever they want and then worry about paying the bills and getting what they “need” later, which usually entails getting help from someone. There’s a difference between Want and Need, and sometimes I think I’d be less stressed if I didn’t understand that!!

We all know insurance is a rip. Car and house insurance mainly, hear me out… If you never file a claim or only one in twenty years or so, it doesn’t amount to all the money you’ve spent in premiums over the years. You’re just out all that money never to recoup it. But I know that I HAVE to have it, though I’d be a lot richer if I didn’t understand that law and “know better”.

We are taught growing up to “hold your tongue”, though there are times that I’d feel a lot better if I would let what I’m feeling in a certain point in time out. For instance yesterday waiting for the Doctor who was running almost an hour behind, I gave my impatient 2 year olds a snack. I was then rudely told they couldn’t have any food in the office because others might not be able to be exposed to said food [though they’ve had it the other four times we were there]. So my children screamed for a half hour!! It took all I had not to go up to the desk and say, “Fine but what are you doing for my children who are not to be exposed to others and their germs, for they have an endangered immune system? I just paid sixty dollars to have my children sit here among other’s germs and wait an hour with no snack?”…. But I didn’t cause “I know better”…blah blah blah…. But I KNOW that I would of felt better had I said it!!

Then you have the TV. What’s made to be entertainment to many always ends up stressing me out. From the news that any more is just gossip, to the trashy talk shows that are all over… Some things should be saved for your therapist, not broadcasted on national TV. I feel I’d be more entertained if I didn’t “know any better” to be offended.

And then there are times that I wish I didn’t “know better” to see it from all sides of the situation. I can argue a point and be both for it and against it, I can see it in all lights. Thus rendering my mind to never just….SHUT UP!! I agonize over the points of everything even stuff that hasn’t happened yet!!! I’m not sure if this makes me open-minded or just crazy!



5 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

When it's me I don't say anything I bite my tongue. But when it comes to my children and if my children were 2 yrs old again? Pfft. I would have fed them a snack and said something. That's insane waiting an hour. I would have asked the office how much they think your time is worth and had them adjust the bill. You can do that ya know. People do it everyday where I work.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Its really amazing article, I have got much clear idea on the topic of from this post.


Here is my page jocuri fotbal online

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this web site on a regular basis, this site is in fact pleasant and the viewers are in fact sharing nice thoughts.

My web-site Juegos Online

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll
be book-marking and checking back frequently!

my webpage jocuri multiplayer 3d online

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally something about online masters teaching.


Feel free to visit my site: bancuri cu albanezi

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home