Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A new way....


So I started a different way of nutrition about a month ago [I don’t like the word “diet”]. My goal isn’t weight loss, though a nice side effect, its really just health. I started the Zone, it’s really just about getting all your fruits and veggies in and proportions. It’s weird though cause I’m eating way more than I ever had….but losing weight. I guess my body was really just starved.

So this week I’ve added walking in the morning, it’s great me time, something I haven’t done since the boys were born. It works out great cause Chad’s back to the later shift, so he watches the boys when I go.

My shins ache, and my thighs burn….But I feel great!! Add since staring my new eating plan, I’ve been off my medications for my FM for almost a month now!! So far I’m doing great. I always worry what all those meds are really doing to your body and the good ole liver!!

On a different note: We heard this week about the thing I was asking for luck vibes on…. We should hear something by the end of this week beginning of next!! So far we are told its looking good! So please please keep the luck vibes a flowing!! Oh yeah and once we know I will tell…I just don’t want to sabotage it!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Katie...where did you find that cartoon..i need that framed:)

Glad you're digging the Zone..it will strip you down and then build you up again. The Zone does work and you never go hungry:)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Blither: I can't wait till we're able to have a dog!! We rent now and "no pets"...

Trojan: I got it on allposters.com I beleive its a magnant though!!

1:21 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

good for you, I wish I could do that, I have a harder time following a plan, I would rather just eat better. I walk constantly too!!!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Its more for the "ideas" of what to eat..ya know? I don;t follow it right down to the tee but its great to give you ideas... I got the Zone cookbook and I love it.. it has all kinds of meal and snack ideas!!

5:30 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

More sunshine and happiness***********

GOOD for you, momma, keep moving and enjoy your health!!!

5:58 PM  
Blogger ysfb said...

I just recently started exercising more and eating more of the right foods. I'm starting to look a lot better nowadays, skinny w/muscles. I can now walk up a hill without coughing up a lung.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

YSB: thats what got me started!! LOL... I wanted to be able to take the boys up and down the steps without keeling over!! I can now! Its all about health...size is just a number.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home