Thursday, July 20, 2006

Leaving...

Alright everything is all set, we are leaving tomorrow around four in the afternoon. I'm going to run errands in the morning and I have to pack yet, but other than that everything is a go!! I'm getting excited now.... I wrote up an info sheet for Chad's Mom today....I thought I'd post it here so you can all see what a neurotic mother I can be at times. Probably a little TOO prepared, but hey it made me feel better. I tried to make it a little bit humorous, and don't worry Dad, I "blacked out" any numbers or any personal information....... Step inside the catacombes of my mind.....

All You Need To Know About Levi and Carter….And some you didn’t!!

Mornings 101: They have been averaging between a 7:30-8:30 waking time. It’s best to wait till you hear them yelling “dad?” and jumping in their cribs. They can talk between themselves or to their puppies sometimes for a half hour. But they’re not ready to get up until they jump around yelling for dad….Any sooner and they’ll just be cranky.

We get their cereal and (rice) milk ready and then go get them up. Start with Levi, Carter’s more patient, change him and then take him out to watch Noggin (ch. 298) and give him his cereal and sippy of milk. Repeat with Carter.

They usually like to just chill in the mornings and watch noggin so then I get my shower while their doing that…..But with the excitement of having Grandma there, its anyone’s guess what they’ll actually do…HEHEH.

They eat lunch around 11:30ish. After they eat lunch I change them and dress them.

Afternoons 101: This is where its touch and go, as far as naps. They change around times and duration of their naps weekly it seems!! I can tell you that this week they’ve been going down around 1:00-1:30. If you put them down and they get back up and jump around let them go for a few minutes and then go back in and say “no-no night night time” and lay them back dawn. If they start to throw a fit when you do this, spank them and say it again. PLEASE do not feel afraid to spank them. (They usually dive for their pillow when I come back in cause they know now if they throw a fit they get spanked!!..It’s really quite cute.) This week they have been sleeping till around 3:30. Getting up from naps is the same routine as the morning. Levi will occasionally talk or fuss in he’s sleep, so wait if you hear this, he usually gets himself back to sleep with in a few minutes.

They get a snack when they wake up from their nap: Juice and cereal, cookies, pretzels or whatever.

They eat dinner around 5:00ish.

Bedtime is around 8:30. Same thing with getting them to sleep as with the naps.

Must Haves 101: For sleeping they have to have their puppy AND their baby bug, (the glow worms). Carter’s puppy has the spots, Levi’s puppy is plain…But they’ll let you know if they have the wrong puppy, OH yes!! They also have to have their CD playing as well, just press play on the player, It’s the button with the sticker on it.

Special Treats 101: They like marshmallows, we put them in a sandwich zip loc bag and give them each one to eat them out of, they love it! They also can have the rice ice cream in the freezer and theirs cones in the cupboard, there’s Popsicles in the freezer as well, and I saved the flavored water packs you brought as a treat for them over the weekend.

Fit Throwing 101: When they throw a fit, we put them in their bed till they can come out and be big boys. Don’t be afraid to do this, it’s the only thing that will calm them, they have to calm themselves. They won’t stop throwing the fit till you put them in their beds, they’ll quite down and in a few minutes you’ll hear them jumping around, and in a better mood, that’s their way of saying “I’m sorry I’ll be a big boy now!!”

Medications 101: At lunch they get their inhaler, I’ll have to put together for you, they get two puffs each, hold it to them for a ten count after the first puff and then do the second puff and hold for a ten count, I usually take deep breaths while I’m giving it to them to get them to breath it in.
At bedtime they both get 5mls of the Clarinex, that’s a dropper full. Carter also gets his antibiotic, its in the fridge it’s the Omnicef. He gets ¾ a teaspoon.

Foods 101: Nothing with milk of any kind, I have most things that they can’t have labeled as such already…. But I usually tell people to check anyway if they’re not sure. There are chicken filets and chicken patties in the freezer they can have, and of course eggs. They also can have French toast I just use the rice milk. If you want to take them to McDonalds, we get the double plain hamburger one for each and both a med fry, its cheaper that way than a happy meal and you get more. They can have the sprite and they also like the apple slices (not the caramel it has milk in it). They like to eat the apples out of the little bags they come in!!! Too cute..

Emergency and other Numbers 101:

Their Pediatrician is Dr. Kelly Casper. ***-***-****

My cell number is: ***-***-****

Chad’s cell number is : ***-***-****

My mom’s home number is: ***-***-****

My mom’s cell number is: ***-***-****

My Dad’s cell number is: ***-***-****

My sister’s phone number is: ***-***-****

Emergency Medical Info 101: If something should happen, I’ve left you a copy of our insurance card and our pharmacy insurance card. We go to Aultman’s ER. As far as I know they aren’t allergic to any meds. Medical history they’ll want to know, so here is what they’ll want to know… A little recap:
1. They were born eight weeks early, reason for premature birth was that they were of a multiple birth.
2. At birth they weighed 4 pounds apiece.
3. They were resuscitated at birth and put on ventilators and the C-PAK for 48 hours, lungs were immature. Jaundiced under the lights for 8 days. Stayed in the NICU at Aultman for two weeks.
4. Allergic to milk and all milk products and byproducts, (important so they don’t give meds with milk byproducts in them).
5. They have asthma and are taking Flovent and Clarinex.
6. Their IGA Immunoglobulins are low and they're being seen and monitored for this condition by Dr. Kishore at Akron Children’s.
7. If it is Carter, He is currently on Omnicef for a double ear infection.
8. Oh yeah I almost forgot, Levi has had two eye surgeries to his left (? The jury was out on this but we both thought it was his left) eye. He had it probed when he was 7months old and then again when he was nine months old. Was put under and did fine.

That should cover all the questions they would ask you at the hospital. If they need our personal information here it is:

Chad M **** DOB (you know but humor me,hehehe) 9/22/1975 S.S. #***-**-****. Employed with Ryder Systems as a Warehouse Manager/ CLC.

Katie M ****, DOB 3/5/1982 S.S. #***-**-****. Employed as a mother of twins!!


Conclusion and Thank Yous 101: That should take care of everything. I’m also leaving you with a BP card for gas should you need it. I bought diapers and wipes so you should be good on that. If any unforeseen expenses come up we also left a credit card.

Thank You Very much for doing this we appreciate it more than words can say!! Have Fun with them and don’t hesitate to knock em’ a good one!!! Enjoy!!!!

Love you guys, Kate and Chad.




I'll be back Sunday night with pictures **note to self: pack camera*** And fun tales of my adventures!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

12 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

Nice to see you are a spur of the moment, devil may care, sponataneous kind of gal ;-}

Sami and I are off to Seattle eaarrrllly in the morn.

10:26 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

Hey, failure to prepare is preparing to fail!

:)

Have fun!!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.

9:35 AM  
Blogger BRAE said...

That was awesome! I never left anything like that for my family. It was more like a drop and run type thing. LOL But everyone lived.

9:49 AM  
Blogger BRAE said...

That was awesome! I never left anything like that for my family. It was more like a drop and run type thing. LOL But everyone lived.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

I would probably do the same thing, especially if my kids had health issues.

Have a fun trip!

3:27 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Oh my word Kate you crack me up!

I love how you wrote it ALL out-step by step. Will she read it all or go by her own rules?

I hope you can relax for a few days...they're in great hands I'm sure or you wouldn't be leaving them.

Can't wait to hug ya!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you make me laugh, only b/c i'd do the same exact thing! i wrote out what to do for the pets for zak when i went out of town last year.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Thanks every I'm here at Sarah's!!!!! We're having a blast so far!!! Talk to you all when I get back..

11:07 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Hope it's going great, and best of luck to the hubby tonight!!!

Can't wait to hear how it went!!

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home