Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Trip To The Orthopedic...........

Ok so Monday was my appointment with Dr. Howell the orthopedic for my wrist pain I've been suffering from..... Turns out it's de Quervians Disease.... It's with the tendons in the base of my thumb connecting with my wrist.... OUCH!! Its very painful especially when you have 25 pound twins to cart around!! The doctor however was the coolest I've been to in a long time!! Very personal very down to earth..... He did some movement test and the he started feeling my wrist and thumb joint...........

Dr. Howell: (feeling around the joint and pushing in areas): Does this hurt?

Me:(biting my lip in pain): "Ummm YEAH!!

Dr. Howell: "This is the tendon here it's inflamed so much that it's popped out of th bone cavity, that's what this painful bump is you felt, I'm surprised you're moving it at all!!!

Me: " Well I have a VERY high pain tolerance and Twins to take care of"

Dr, Howell: ( still pushing around) : "Does this hurt?" (push, Twist, Push)

Me: " I'm about to hit you!! Ooowww, damn! Are you done yet? For real about to hit you!!"

Dr. Howell: (chuckling): " Wouldn't be the first time!!"

Me: "You probably enjoy this don't you?"

Dr. Howell: "Your a pistol, a smart ass I can tell, it's cute"

Me: "Aww thanks Dr. Howell, that's the best compliment anyone's paid me in a long time!!"

Yes its weird but the best thing you can compliment me on is to say I'm a smartass or a pistol, I strive for that quality!!! lol..... Any way I go to therapy today, twice a week for three weeks. They're splinting, this splint thing better be fab I don't want some utterly dowdy looking thing!!! And then after that I go back to the doc for a shot of cortisone in the joint.... Oh joy Oh fun, Hot dog!!!! Long term if none of that keeps it in control He said they do a surgery to try and ease the pain....... Yippee Skippee, Hot damn sign me up!! I know, I know, Sarcasm is another virtue of mine******

Well that's all for now***** Oh wait, Levi had he's follow up CT scan on Monday, and alls clear!!!! Yeah!! They said well just have to watch him now.... We were so excited, best early Mother's day gift I could get!! Peace All*************

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Girl.....flirting with your doctor for shame..wait...good job! hehe

I hope you start feeling better soon and I'm REALLY stoked about a clear CT scan...

Keep the good news and vibes a flying:)

Happy Early Mothers Day!

4:13 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

What does being a pistol mean?

I could only imagine the doctor from the simpsons while reading that :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Trojan: Thanks I know I'm a natural flirter!! Chad used to laugh at at me when I worked at the bank cause I'd always have the guys and old men bringn' me coffee and muffins... Hey what can I say, I'm cute!! LOL

Ian: Being a pistol means like feisty pretty much another word for smart ass!! I love the Simpson's doctor... Too funny!!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home