Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Answers Are In....


So you want your questions answered, huh? Well you all certainly gave me a lot to think about!

I was expecting simple easy questions…. However you all made me think [gasp]…and on a holiday!! Well I’ve sat down and reviewed all of your questions and I gave each one pensive thought. Here are your answers dear blogland…

Kimmy asked: If you weren't a stay at home mom what do you think you'd be doing now? I honestly don’t know, BC [before children] I was a teller at a bank I also processed mortgages and was offered a pretty good job at that that I turned down due to the hours it required and my health. After high school I had scholarships to nursing school, however health didn’t permit that. I’ve always had an interest in real estate and mortgages. She also asked: What if one of the boys decided he liked barbies more than GI Joes, would you be ok with it? What if he later said he was hitting for the other team. Would it matter? Honestly no. It wouldn’t matter to me. This is where Chad and I differ A LOT, I’m in the your body your life you know what’s best for you group. Just because I don’t agree with a certain lifestyle, does by no means make it wrong, and I’m not to judge. Her final question was: Do you remember a time in your life when you thought "this is it!" and you took the leap without looking back?? Explain please. Well one would be when I married Chad, everyone thought I was too young or he was too old for me…blah blah blah…. But I just knew, and I was right. The most recent was when I turned 24 and decided I wasn’t taking crap from anyone any longer. I realized this is my life and I’m the only one I have to answer to at the end of the day. It’s been so freeing, my relationships have been better with family and myself.

YSB asked: Do you want more children? I always wanted to have a really big family. I’ve always wanted a big family, that was however until I had twins and realized how expensive it is. Especially if they have medical problems. I think Chad would like to have a daughter, I would too really. But I always joke and say “yeah but our luck we’d have three!!” When I first got preggers with the boys I joked about there being two in there [that was before we found out]…turned out not to be such a joke!!

Roselle asked: what's your dream...what do you fantasize about (not in a kinky way) and say "someday"??? Well it use to be owning a house to call my own. But as that has become a reality as of this morning [we closed this morning] I guess someday is today. This one is hard cause I’m a realest. Dream wise, to publish a book “someday”. And I guess just to have a good since of fulfillment and that I’ve touched others lives for the good.

Lily asked: What is your favorite number and why? 33…. I was once told I have a nice butt for “33”… Guess so cause it is one of my favorite positions.

Mr. Jones asked: Did you ever go ahead and put me on your list of freebies? ;) I’m still waiting for Chad to get back with me on the rules. He said he had to think on it…. But as far as me, yes Mr. Jones…Yes I did. He also asked: Ok - real question. A simple but potentially complex one. Are you happy? I can honestly say that I am happier than I have been in years. I feel in control of my life for once, I feel grounded, I have more friends than I ever had, relationships with family are going well…Things are good… Does that mean I’m 100% satisfied… No I’ll never be that…I’m human.

Mind Spirite asked: What did you want to be when you were a kid? Haha…oddly enough and to the horror of most people when I was little I wanted to be a stay at home mom!! She also asked: What is your favorite vegetable? Ahhh there are so many! I love cucumbers and bell peppers those are probably my top two. I was going to say tomatoes… however I realized those are really fruits.

Glo-Girl asked: what was your reaction when you found out you were preggers with TWINS? I cried… Not out of joy or pure excitement no.. no… Out of sheer terror!! Chad however laughed like it was the funniest thing he’d ever heard!! She also asked: who is on your *list*? you know you have one. ::wink:: Hmmm… Christopher Meloni, Blair Underwood, Jerod Leto, most men who can play the guitar, Kate Winslet [threw ya huh?] and of course…Scaramouche Jones. She also asked: you have to change one thing about your life. Through means you already have. What do you change? Man girl can you see the smoke? That’s some question! I would have to say my reaction to things… My temper [the Irish temper runs through my blood!] and my over sensitivity to things. And my cynicism… its with in me to work on these things, it’s all up to me.

Rafael asked: If my aunt had balls, would she be my uncle? Depends if she always had them or not. He also asked: Where's the craziest place you've ever done it? That would be in the driver seat of my Saturn Coup in the driveway of my parents’ house.

Blither asked: Do you really really really like me, Ms Kate? hahhaa I like you. Yes Miss Blither I really really like you!! I wish you were closer!! After all you introduced me to my newest favorite song!! She also asked: Seriously though, one person you can't stand- Who is it? Paris Hilton!

[Lurker] Bob asked: Is it okay if I don't ask a question? That's all I want to know. Of course Bob, thanks for coming out and saying howdy!

Buzz asked: Over a month ago you filled out a survey and one of the questions was "do you have a crush on another blogger" and you said "maybe" or "not telling" or something like that. So my question is, who are you crushing on in blog-land? Hmmm…they know who they are…

DNA princess asked: Why did you start blogging? As a form of release to get my thoughts out there, to be heard. She also asked: Have you ever lived in another state? No no I have not. And she also asked: How long did you know your husband before you got married? Exactly one year. We met on Dec. 16th 2000, and married on Dec. 15th 2001.

Kimmy takes seconds: Just wanted to come congrat you on your closing today. I hope it went smoothly!!
So now that you're a homeowner, what's the first thing you wanna do in your new home???
“Break it in” of course…you have to hit every room in the house at least once!!! Of course we have to get the keys first…It didn’t record today, and because of the holiday it looks like we won’t have the keys till Monday. Bummer…

Anthony asked: What's the biggest risk you've ever taken? This one is hard, cause I don’t think I’ve ever really taken a huge life risk. I can’t really say marring at a young age cause on further thought; I was just following my heart. He also asked: What's the one you wanted to take but didn't and (maybe) now regret not taking? Move out and be on my own, just me… Always wanted to go to New York City. Learn more about me by being on my own.





14 Comments:

Blogger Mind Sprite said...

Great answers, KM. Thanks for being so open and honest. And there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a stay at home mom. It's the hardest and most important job in the world. I got married young too. I'm glad you're having more luck with that than I did!

12:18 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

I think you're right about no one ever being 100% satisfied - but I'm glad to hear that you are happy with what you have; that in itself can sometimes be rare for people :)

Now - about this list... ;)

4:59 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Great answers!

I always and even to this day would love to be a stay at home mom. I was fortunate enough to stay home with my kids when they were little-I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed that. But, I'm sure you know.

In your parents driveway? Gah. I hope of all the posts your dad reads-he doesn't read that one. LMBO!!

5:38 AM  
Blogger gloria said...

okay, we'll share christopher meloni.

!!

and love that cute little pic of you.

<3

5:59 AM  
Blogger unreuly said...

kate my heart!
ok, so here comes the mush...when i started reading you a while ago, i thought "wow, this girl is fantastic. i want to be exactly like her. she seems to have everything."

then i started reading your archives and i learned that you have worked hard to become the woman you are. i admire that so so much! i like your take-no-crap attitude...i'm working on it myself ;)

you are an inspirationg and a terribly talented blogger! keep up the fantastic work!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Katie,

you are such a soulful honest person and i really dig that about you. I am glad you have control now and that you live your life for YOU and not them. that takes courage. You can publish a book..you have allot to say and I think your are insightful and interesting.

Good for it...

7:07 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

I don't take many risks either. Fear of poverty or just plain fear.

I should have gone to L.A. as a young man, but New Jersey seems to have this sick psycho-manic hold on me!

Happy Thanksgiving.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

Fabulous list of questions and answers!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Kate Michele said...

You guys are too sweet...I'm actually speechless.....

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great answers - I'm sorry I missed the post to ask questions. But many congrats on getting the house. I'll never forget the excitement of owning my first home.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Cool answers!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Honest answers, well done. So many tend to beat around the bush.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

See... by basically not blogging for a week, I miss all the fun.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on owning your own home. "33" is a position? I feel so niave, but looking forward to the Google results.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home